Home Forums WWII "Hold Until Relieved" Part II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The next instalment of my video AAR

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

BTW the back ground sound effects are way too loud at the start of the video (way louder than they sounded on iMovies when I was making it). Live and learn I guess. My wife also wants to know why I sound like a sleep…I’m not so mild mannered in reality it seems 🙂

Participant

Interesting stuff.  What kind of camera are you using? You edited using apple? Does the camera have a mic or did you have a separate mic?

Participant

Still have not spotted the Goat……

Participant

Yeah edited using iMovie and have no separate mike.

Participant

No goats? You’re not looking hard enough 😉

Participant

LOL !!!

Participant

TWP:

Great second instalment on your battle report! Looking forward to seeing the StuG appear. The terrain is fantastic and the development of the US Paratrooper attack is very interesting. Do you think the German FJ’s really need the StuG? The Americans don’t seem to have any kind of superiority in this attack as the forces seem pretty equal in size and composition. I am intrigued to see what happens next. I suspect that the US attack might bog down due to the powerful defensive assets arrayed against them.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Looking forward to the next instalment. Your video pushed me over the edge into buying some 1/72 stuff, just to see if it works for me in my small space.

Participant

Careful Norm.  If you mention 20mm people will start going off about  it being “the one true scale” (for ww2). My view? Of course it will work!  It is the one true scale after all 🙂

Participant

Rod I absolutely agree. I think the FJ’s have a clear advantage with their strong defence position. The forces themselves would almost seem in favoutr of the Germans if anything. Even the composition of the squad’s small arms and the number of their LMG’s can make a big difference.  Dick Winters give a immense morale advantage but I may have wasted him with 2nd squad who find themselves bogged down already on the right flank.  I think they’ll need a great deal of luck to achieve any kind of success.

I never really enjoy what could be regarded as a well balanced scenario, especially if I’m playing myself 🙂 I like a tactical challenge but I’m finding that making the video is completely distracting and I’m not really considering the consequences of my actions.

Well Norm I hope 20mm works out  for you…I just love the scale. And I hope the next one doesn’t disappoint. I just finished the third session (2nd Turn)

Participant

“…I’m finding that making the video is completely distracting and I’m not really considering the consequences of my actions.”

*Ahem* Yes, but I’m being chicken for not making videos? 😉

In all seriousness, this, and the immense amount of time editing/uploading, is why I have no interest in doing videos.  Right now, for better or worse, I have a system down that works for me (in terms of taking photos and notes while playing) which is pretty seamless in terms of not pulling my (limited) mind away from the game, and still allowing me to tell my story once the game is finished.  It works for me.

Having said that, your videos are fantastic (excepting the voice work, of course) for showing what’s going on, and I’m looking forward to more.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

“Having said that, your videos are fantastic (blah, blah, blah) for showing what’s going on, and I’m looking forward to more.”

Am I the only one that can see Jack’s face in a ugly grimace as he wrote this.

“Yes, but I’m being chicken for not making videos”

Your honesty makes for a surprising and welcome change. Although a grown man admitting his cowardice is rather sickening. (and if you saw that pirate photo you’d realize just how fully grown Jack’s got)

Participant

After reading your post, I now get that videos are attractive to you due to your reading comprehension problems.  I simply can’t imagine how difficult typing, or even reading, batreps must have been.  You’re so brave!

“…Jack’s face in a ugly grimace…”
    Yes, I still had the video running with that whiney-ass furriner in it.

“…you’d realize just how fully grown Jack’s got…”
    I get it John, anything over 3 foot is a giant…

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

“You’re so brave!”

Well nice of you to say so but seeing that it’s coming from a complete chicken it’s not very meaningful

“I get it John, anything over 3 foot is a giant…”

Well I thought a 3 foot belly is rather impressive by anyone’s standards but I know you American’s enjoy getting big…and it’s probably grown since Halloween…or was that your wedding photos…can’t be sure, I here you do things slightly less “traditional” in Texas. Getting dressed as a pirate is probably pretty classy down there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.