Home Forums WWI Home Before the Leaves Fall.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I have butterfly-ed off to moderns with the No End In Sight rules. But even that is on hold as my Lady Joyce has family drama right now. Sorry. I’ll try to get something on the table by mid Oct.  Let me know when your figures arrive!!!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

The minifigs WW1 stuff is pretty solid. I have some of their Americans for RCW interventions and they are nice little figures

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

kyoteblue
    Participant

1917-1918 Americans as still a bit farther down the line for me. But I heard from Scale Creep Miniatures and the Belgians are a couple weeks away. Darn it.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Our Brave Princess Cameron of Belgium called tonight. So I best get painting Belgians again. She is Happy and Safe!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Nothing painted as I’ve been working on moderns for No End In Sight of late.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Scale Creep Miniatures just let me know that the samples of TSS 15mm WW1 Belgians are on their way to me !! Belgian Dog Carts and MG’s !! My Grand Daughter Kay Kay will love them when she gets to come home !!!

kyoteblue
    Participant

No Belgians yet.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yea!!! Got the Belgians today and they look great !!! But the wheels to the dog carts look a bit fragile.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Glad to hear 🙂 Always wanted to do a small Belgian army for something.

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Belgians could make a good WW1 Imagi-nation army. Or just Belgians.

kyoteblue
    Participant

My lady and I sold the farm and bought a house , so I will be able to have all my gaming stuff. And a permanent game table in my 3 car garage / man cave so I can set up and some day have Princess Kay Kay play games with her PaPa.

Natholeon
    Participant

Cool news KB! Mancaves are the best!

I finally received my 1914 figures. The first test paints are here:

http://natholeonsempires.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/wwi-1914-german-test-elements.html

I should get around to this project early in the new year.

Still interested in any Battle reports you manage.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Dude, I got my 4×6 foot gaming table set up today, no games as I’m still moving and doing a ton of laundry. But soon I’ll get something set up and played.  The figures you have  look good. Um the jackets look a bit pinkish ?? Or that maybe just my computer.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I’m thinking it’s the light, since it only shows in a few of the shots.

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Ah cool, thanks Ivan.

Natholeon
    Participant

Hi guys

I’ve painted a few more figures and re-snapped the Germans so hopefully they don’t look pink anymore. It probably was the light I was using.

http://natholeonsempires.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/great-war-figures.html

Everything seems to be progressing very slowly at the moment, but I’ve had a dozen other things on the go. In a couple of months this will be the priority painting project.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Very very Cool !!!! I’ve been doing some Barbarossa FOW games on the WW11 board. I’ve even posted pics on my Facebook page !!!! Still don’t know how to post them here. I need to get back to WW1 soon.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have bit the bullet and am buying some painted 15mm figures so I can get off my butt and get some games in. I also now have a camera and will post pictures on my face book page. Maybe even here if I can figure out how to.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have Germans and Brits coming some time in the next week or two but sadly not enough French.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I now have a ton of painted Germans and Brits and a small company of French. Need to rebase and flock them. Then It’s over the top !!!! Now if only my computer and camera liked each other.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I am almost afraid to ask this but do you have a cell phone with a decent camera?

On most android phones at least, you can just tap the picture and there’ll be an option to email it from there.
    Then someone here could put them online for you.

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yes I have a very old stupid cell phone. No it has no camera. No I don’t know how to text… I bought a 200 dollar camera so I could take pictures and post them to facebook…and I messed up some setting on the computer and have not been able to get a computer Wizard out to fix it.  You damn kids get the hell off my lawn !!!

kyoteblue
    Participant

The tally on the Painted French I have , 4 stands with command of MG. 7 stands of Cav. and 24 stands of Infantry and more command stands. No painted Arty.  But I have a ton of unpainted  French Arty and Infantry. I also need to play my FOW Barbarossa game so I can tear down and re-terrain my gaming table. Then I can do Mons/Ypers and Verdun.

Great report !

Abwehrschlacht
    Participant

I have never played FOW, but I have plenty of 15mm WW1 figs, all from Peter Pig, I play Square Bashing with them. Plus I have some skirmish 20mm ones from various plastic and metal manufacturers for Through the Mud and the Blood. It’s always good to see other folk into 15mm WW1 though!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNUYwNznn-ZuNMoHoF3urwQ

Blog: http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

kyoteblue
    Participant

In many ways I think FOW works better as an Infantry game than a tank game.  But that is just me.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got some flocking on the 1914-1916 French  painted infantry I have and will be farming out a ton  more for my friend Kenneth to paint for me. I’m reading the Myth of Verdun and it looks like a good place to build terrain for. as it was fought over from 1914 to 1918 .

kyoteblue
    Participant

The 1914-16 French now have flocked bases. I’ll try to get pictures posted on my Facebook later tonight or tomorrow.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Pics posted.

CAG 19
    Participant

My 10mm WW1 forces haven’t been out for a while and teaching people new rules take a while, but FOW is pretty popular in the area….so……..I might be able to get my Russian and Germans out for Stalluponen and Gumbinnen….and then Tannenberg….

What changes for 1914 games are needed ?

kyoteblue
    Participant

The only changes I’ve made was to give Arty a double rate of fire as Shrapnel for targets at 16 inches, and changed the troop ratings  French get Fearless trained , Brits as Confident Vets (1914 only) Germans Confident trained (with On to Paris ( Storm Trooper) 1914 only). And Cav. is reccon.

kyoteblue
    Participant

15mm  French and Germans for 1914 FOW figures now on my Facebook page. Jonathan Keepers in Oklahoma USA.

I’ll post pics of the game tomorrow evening.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by kyoteblue.
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Pics posted a close game the French Cav ran away and the Germans were able to take the town.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Cool pictures. Do you ever use any other rules to do WWI combat? How does FOW stack up in your opinion?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have Great War Spearhead 2 but they are geared for 6mm and seem more like a board game than a miniatures game.  I’m use to the FOW engine and it works for me.  With out tanks (for the first part of the war) the rules work  well.  Shrug.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.