Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Honest Feedback Wanted – Fences

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

I am looking at releasing some wattle fences in resin.
    However the quality is not consistently were I would like it.
    If they were good like the bottom fence I would charge 75p a section.
    But as they could be like the top section, with air bubbles I would only charge 50p.

So, at 50p would you be willing to buy them knowing the quality could be in between these two shown?

OB
    Participant

I would, assuming they are in 15mm.  At that size paint will pretty much fill an air bubble.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Angel Barracks

I would, assuming they are in 15mm. At that size paint will pretty much fill an air bubble.

D’oh, yes 15mm:

Jez Fairclough
    Participant

To be fair a little liquid greenstuff would fill in most holes very quickly.

They do look very nice, great way to expand a Village.

shelldrake
    Participant

Even with the exchange rate to the Aussie $ I would certainly look at buying them – quite a bargain really.

Angel Barracks

Even with the exchange rate to the Aussie $ I would certainly look at buying them – quite a bargain really.

Even with the risk of some having holes?

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

If I was buying terrain pieces I’d be expecting a perfect casting with no air bubbles.  But if a site had an option of buying slightly miscast pieces at a reduced price I’d buy those in preference to the perfect ones, being on a budget and not minding a little bit of extra work if it saves me cash.

The important thing is that the customer knows what to expect so you don’t get complaints or bad reviews.

Stroezie
    Participant

50p a pop is a great price imo, even with the airbubbles.

Besised for something that looks organic like that I don’t know that I would even bother to fill the holes.

I’d say go for it.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Don Glewwe
    Participant

… for something that looks organic like that I don’t know that I would even bother to fill the holes. I’d say go for it.

That’s my take on it – it’s saplings/branches, not lumber.

https://brawlfactory.net/

willz
    Participant

Mike a fine choice of prices, excellent value, nothing that some liquid green stuff and wood glue would not sort out.

They look quite nice.  As others have said, some sort of filler would take care of any bubble holes left behind.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

As people have said, the air bubbles are small and fairly easy to fix, so if you offer the “misscast” ones at a lower price as you suggested, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to sell them easy enough 🙂

Angel Barracks

so if you offer the “misscast” ones at a lower price as you suggested,

It is not so much that, but offer all at 50p, and you may get a good one, but no guarantee, hence low price.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

That’s fair, for 50p it’s a steal either way 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.