Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Honours of War – the '45 Rebellion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Johnson
    Participant

Another cracking game using the forthcoming Honours of War rules, this time tweaking them for the ’45 Jacobite uprising. Details can be found on my Blog, linked below:

Calamity at Carlisle

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Interesting. I’ve been looking for rules that cover the ’45 convincingly for ages.

What’s the nominal figure scale and command level? Please tell me that they don’t use cards in any way, shape or form.

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Steve Johnson
    Participant

A good guide to the game is the version 4 file in the Yahoo group, linked below:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/honoursofwar/files

The book will differ slightly from the above, but not massively so I’m told. For our games a stand of figure equates to a Battalion, with say 3-4 making a Brigade. Fear not the rules do not use cards in any way, shape or form. All you need are a couple of D6 and an average die.

Hope this helps?

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

It does Steve, cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Average dice eh? I’m glad I kept mine then ๐Ÿ˜‰

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Steve Johnson
    Participant

FYI the author may be putting up a free downlaod for the ’45 on the Honours of War website when it goes live in a few weeks.

willz
    Participant

A very nice looking game, thanks for posting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.