Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Horse, Foot & Guns – Could Someone Explain, Please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I like Horse, Foot and Guns. I have played them for a few years new and felt that they generally gave a good, enjoyable game and highly suitable for solo play. I have been playing a playtest version that was put out on the Yahoo! Group for free. I understand that a version was incorrectly put out on Lulu and this has been amended, but this (correct)version is the playtest version. Why has a playtest version been put on sale? Or is this now the final version? I had thought that Phil Barker was working on completing HFG at the moment – does this mean the final version of HFG will follow this published playtest version in (relatively) short order?

Participant

The version on Lulu is (now) the latest playtest version. So anyone who wants a nicely printed copy with all the army lists can have one.

Phil is working on the rules, but I imagine it will be a year or two at least before the final version appears.

Participant

Read this, from the Fanaticus forum.

http://www.fanaticus.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=18161

and this, on Bob Cordery’s blog.

http://wargamingmiscellany.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/horse-foot-and-guns-latest-news.html

In short, no-one, including the Barkers, appear to know what versions are being/have been published. The only thing that appears to be clear is that HFG v2.0 The Final Draft is still not ready for publication, and may not be ready for some time yet.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I just got the updated version from Lulu – the most obvious difference from the previous one is that is has Phil’s picture on the back!

Not checked in detail for differences, but it appears to be the same as the 2006 version of the rules (i.e. the latest version) and includes all the army lists.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.