Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Hot off the build plate

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

2mm Napoleonic British, centre companies

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool beans. Test print?

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Yeah, no point wasting resin 🙂

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Mike
    Keymaster

/nods

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

How are you liking them?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

How are you liking them?

They’ve got a lot more detail than Irregular metals have, and should paint up well. The problem with that is because they’re so tiny and the resin’s brittle the little blighters are easy to damage.

I don’t see flexible resin being any better. Dunno if dental resin would work.

On the plus side I can get at least 10 of those bases on my build plate, and print them off in about an hour. The .stl files are pretty cheap too.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Looking forward to see some paint slapped on these 🙂

Steelonsand
    Participant

Amazing – incredible that you can see individual bayonets, finials on the flagpoles, etc – but, yes, I would worry about brittleness…… still as you say, potentially as cheap as chips to produce……. Seconding the call to see some painted – en masse of course !

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

…finials…

Need to go to bed, read that as fingernails!!!

willz
    Participant

How are you liking them?

Dunno if dental resin would work. On the plus side I can get at least 10 of those bases on my build plate, and print them off in about an hour. The .stl files are pretty cheap too.

Cool looking mini miniatures, look on the bright side of using dental resin you could always repair any fillings on your teeth you loose😁.

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Looking forward to see some paint slapped on these 🙂

I’ll do my best, by my painting speed makes glaciers look fast 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.