Home Forums General General HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT SPRUE CUTTERS??!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Admin Test Account
    Participant

The author of this topic requested their account be deleted.

This topic has been kept by attributing the original post to an admin account, and replacing the initial wording by the now deleted user with this.
    To have deleted the topic in its entirety would also have deleted the replies of others, and it is not fair that their postings be effected.

– Mike.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Mike.
    Mike
    Keymaster

Do they cut very close?

Norm S
    Participant

They do. I am also a late discoverer – with their flat edge pushed up against model, they cut tight without the hit and miss accuracy of the Exacto. I only use mine on plastics though.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Norm S.
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

I can’t believe that you served in an armour unit and had never heard of flat jawed side cutters (which is what they are) Tim. Didn’t you speak to the engineer company?

http://uk.farnell.com/ck-tools/t3887/esd-side-cutter-1-6mm-136mm/dp/2469259?ost=2469259&mckv=71Q8Lt42|pcrid|

I get mine free from work. Which is nice.

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

The jaws are hardened(ish). They’ll cut light gauge metal – like that photoetched brass in your pic

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Ian Marsh
    Participant

I discovered the cutters sold by Prince August to chop metal (they remove the bulky feed on their home-cast figures, and I found the cutters were essential for dealing with their 40mm SYW figures). It’s a fantastic tool. For some of the moulds I have for spin-casting, the cutters are great at removing figures where the kiss-gate hasn’t quite worked as intended.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Ian Marsh.

Ian
    Fighting 15s
    www.fighting15s.com

Mike
    Keymaster

cool. Ta.

Etranger
    Participant

The jaws are hardened(ish). They’ll cut light gauge metal – like that photoetched brass in your pic

Cutting hardened metal (eg piano wire) will however leave a nasty notch in your nice sprue (or in this case expensive xuron track) cutters!…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.