Home Forums General General How I’m spending my time…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Autodidact-O-SaurusAutodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

In my day job I work with the public. Needless to say, lately, I’ve not had much to do. Going to work on public transportation to do nothing just isn’t in the cards (not to mention irresponsible).  I’ve taken the further step of isolating myself as much as possible, even from my wife who is working at home as she is in a high-risk category. I don’t mind solitude. I crave it. So here is how I’ve been spending time during my confinement:

It started with watching some old DVDs in the spare room where I’ve been sleeping:

During the day I inhabit my man-cave with my books, computer and gaming stuff. Luckily I can visit bookcase #4 to pull out some reference books:

(Laszlo and Woodman is one of my favorite books of all time!)

All this supports my current obsession:

(I’ve made bases for 24 of 26 ships–I’m going for a Caribbean look; I’ve detached all the parts for and assembled the hulls (including priming) of 18 of them.)

In the evening it’s back to the spare room to watched a few episodes of the above and then this is how I read myself to sleep:

Frankly, if it wasn’t for the threat of world-wide pandemic (and my slight cough–closely monitored), I could get used to this.

What are you working on?

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Sane MaxSane Max
    Participant

making me very jealous

on the positive side I am still working for a living, which is more than a lot of people are. on the downside, I am working from home, and as my daily commute was only half an hour altogether, I am only a little richer in painting time.

I bought a Lion Rampant army at Vapnartak and am working through that, I am also renovating my very old-school skaven for Dragon Rampant, and that inspired me to touch up the rest of what’s left of the army. I have been quite productive, but I was on a painting Jag before the whole Corona Virus thing kicked in, so I can’t ascribe it to that.

The lunches are better though 🙂

Patrick

You have an impressive array of activities.  I do  hope nothing comes of your isolation and you are able to engage with your wife again at the end of it.

I need to find motivation.  I have several drywall repairs to  do.  My sinuses are clobbering me like the usually do this time of year.  So kicking dust up is not all that appealing to me.

I  have  a couple of projects lined up including, oddly enough, troops for the Battle of the Mon(ongahela)…aka Braddock’s defeat.  As well, I have Russian ships for Tsushima to be painted and based  as well as the whole Japanese 3rd division of the same battle.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

McKinstry
    Participant

I just finished painting 27 resin islands for a manufacturers website and I still have 18 to photograph. After that, 2 Saxon chiefs and then on to 1/2400 ironclads (finally getting off my backside) and some 28mm Colonial types for Muskets & TomahawksII.

With my FLGS game room closed and me retired,  I should get a ton accomplished.

I’m an EMT/Firefighter (volunteer) in very rural Colorado and so far, have not had a CV-19 run although even the flu/pnuemonia runs are still an adventure in PPE. Too early for any real wildfire risks so absent pandemic, getting a lot done.

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig just likes it.

greg954
    Participant

I’ve stopped work, although the construction industry is still going here in the UK. It’s become a bit controversial and soon sites might close. So I’ve been a bit isolated the last two days.

The first thing I’ve been doing is food. While everyone else was busy stripping the shelves in supermarkets I was buying military rations. I’ve got, French, Spanish, Lithuanian and British army rations. I must say the Spanish army eat well and must be one of the best ration packs around. Squid in black ink! for lunch, doesn’t get much better than that.

This is the time I was craving last year which I didn’t have. Now it seems I have bucket loads of it. Not to worry as I’ve plenty on my painting table. I’ve a few projects started, well about four I think. So I should have plenty to crack on. My 6mm Starport Scum SF project. Two fantasy projects including building my own Heroquest in 15mm. Not likely to get bored anytime soon.

Phil DutréPhil Dutré
    Participant

I’m in the group of people whose workload has doubled since the Corona crisis.

So no gaming related activities for me for the next weeks, I’m afraid 😉

Tiny Tin Men Blog: http://snv-ttm.blogspot.com/
    Wargaming Mechanics Blog: http://wargaming-mechanics.blogspot.com/

jeffersjeffers
    Participant

Do you own a toilet roll factory, Phil?

More nonsense on my blog: http://battle77.blogspot.com/

ThuseldThuseld
    Participant

With three children under 5 and a couple of classes for which I am responsible, my isolation feels a lot like being constantly busy and getting increasingly annoyed by everyone about everything. By the time sweet relief comes in the evening all I can manage is to plonk myself down with some headphones and watch The Clone Wars. Or play a game of Northgard.

Phil DutréPhil Dutré
    Participant

Do you own a toilet roll factory, Phil?

Serious answer:
    No, I’m the academic person responsible for all engineering science programs (4000 students, 450 courses this semester, 180 professors) at my university. So you can imagine going into full online mode for the rest of the semester creates some organizational nightmares … 😉

Tiny Tin Men Blog: http://snv-ttm.blogspot.com/
    Wargaming Mechanics Blog: http://wargaming-mechanics.blogspot.com/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.