Home Forums General General How much would you pay two?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

Following on from the topic about how much you would pay for a regular 28mm rank and file figure, how much would you pay for a special figure, say maybe Napoleon or Monty or Sigmar etc…

[poll question=’How much for a special 28mm figure’ answers=’up to £1.00,£1.01 to £1.50,£1.51 to £2.00,£2.01 to £2.50,£2.51 to £3.00, £3.01 to £4.50, £4.51 to £7.50, £7.51 to £10.00, £10.00 plus’]

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Napoleon, £1.20

French Dragoon, £1.20

Does that answer the question? 😉

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Rhoderic
    Participant

If I really want it, and I’m not presented with that dilemma all too often in my hobby purchases, I’d go over £10, sure.

It would have to be a spectacular figure, or a fairly rare OOP or limited edition, or something I simply can’t substitute with another figure or an easy conversion. I would look around for substitutes first, but there comes a point where shelling out £10+ begins to feel like the best solution.

A few days of instant ramen and knäckebröd would follow…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Rhoderic.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Rhoderic.
    Mike Harrop
    Participant

I think £4.00 – £7.00 is about the maximum I’d pay these days, back in my GW buying days i’d have spent up to £20 on a single guy on a metal horse like Archeon or Balthazar Gelt, not anymore though, I’ve become quite reluctant to part with cash as I became older.

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

William Jones
    Participant

I think £4.00 – £7.00 is about the maximum I’d pay these days, back in my GW buying days i’d have spent up to £20 on a single guy on a metal horse like Archeon or Balthazar Gelt, not anymore though, I’ve become quite reluctant to part with cash as I became older.

Same here on all points.  To spend more there would have to be truly remarkable flourish to the miniature that would make it the center piece of a unit or even the army.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.