Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming How to break DCS with a Hind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The game does not like Gun pods, 32 000 rounds a mine, 533 a second, drives the game into a slideshow, and even instantly breaks the track file. My computer even crashed when I watched the track.

Participant

Wow, it tracks every bullets’ ricochet too?  That’ll take up a lot of computing horsepower.

That would be a fun mission to fly in a Kiowa Warrior with a rocket pod and a .50cal.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Wow, it tracks every bullets’ ricochet too? That’ll take up a lot of computing horsepower. That would be a fun mission to fly in a Kiowa Warrior with a rocket pod and a .50cal.

Jupp, bullet and ricochet,as well as the dirt churning effect of the bullets.

Online servers general ban those gun pods, mini guns and some of the cluster bombs. Just way to much CPU stuff gets bogged down.(since dcs still only use 1 core)

The Kiowa is coming (mabye) the guys behind the Gazelle is making it, but it’s been so quiet for so long people are doubting it will ever come out. People are also sceptical, since the gazelle has a very unrealistic flight model(as in you can fly upside-down for extended period.

Someone is also working on the BO-105 PAH1A1 which does seem to make progress.

As of now those are the only two helicopters we know are being developed.

People are hoping for Blackhawks, Chinnocks etc. Personally I would love a little bird.  Seems so fun to fly.

Participant

Kiowa Warrior would be mega-intensive, especially if the are working on getting the sensor mast to work like it does in real life (which might pose some security issues, so I doubt it).  Little Bird would indeed be a hoot, I do love to fly it in ARMA going full speed NOE.  In VR it would be a blast.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Kiowa Warrior would be mega-intensive, especially if the are working on getting the sensor mast to work like it does in real life (which might pose some security issues, so I doubt it). Little Bird would indeed be a hoot, I do love to fly it in ARMA going full speed NOE. In VR it would be a blast.

I don’t know if the sensor will be fully working. The Apache will getca fully working radar dome. So who knows.

Yeah little bird would be awesome. But as usual DCS has some “quirks” that kinda ruins the fun.

I’m this case the “radar guided guns”

All ground guns are radar guided in DCS WW2 AAA  is radar guided, hand cranked 51mm guns are radar guided.  12.7mm guns are radar guided.  Hell even AKs in the hands of insurgents are radar guided. The fact is all ground fire is far far to accurate.

Flying low giving a low level strafe with the little bird would most likely be a death sentence,  even with just 5 guys with AKs on the ground.  They would shoot up the killer egg even as its going 200kmh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.