Home Forums General General Howdy all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello folks,

Have been here before but thought I’d be sort of neighbourly and introduce myself. Am a mainly ancients guy (who also dabbles in medieval, ACW, WWII, and moderns in a variety of rules, boardgames and figure scales…) interested most particularly in the Roman Republican era. I have 7 largish 15mm armies pretty much done and another five or six in various states of completion, and use these most often with the Lost Battles rules, though I also play other sets too when the chance arises (To the Strongest! Commands & Colors, Dux Bellorum, Scutarii, etc).

Mostly play solo since I live in Japan, about 120 minutes from the nearest fellow ancients enthusiast I know of, but have managed to get a couple of local guys interested in board wargames or simplified miniatures games.

Am a fairly boring sort of chap. Kiwi, early 40s, like to play along to ’70s records on the electric guitar (until the wife and kids tell me to shut up…), am happy to enjoy a glass of something at almost any opportunity, and quite enjoy my rugby and cricket. Reading interests are probably around ancients more than anything (though I like the odd bit of Proper Literature too…) and I quite enjoy the odd debate.

Hobby-wise have been painting and playing since 2005, though had played other people’s when I was at uni. I blog a bit, and used to frequent another hobby forum until earlier in the year.

Anyway, hope to get to know you all a bit more.

Cheers all!

TLA

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Mike. Reason: moved to General forum
    Norm S
    Participant

Welcome

kyoteblue
    Participant

Welcome !!

Welcome

I don’t suppose you are ex CWC are you ?

Thanks 🙂

Jackson, no, not officially, but I have gamed with a couple of the CWC gentlemen and my miniatures offsider over here, Luke Ueda-Sarson, is of the CWC stable. How about yourself?

Ah that is who I thought you were initially. Long time ago CWC as a kid\teen and a friend and I were only discussing some of the old faces from back in the day and his came up.

Ah that is who I thought you were initially. Long time ago CWC as a kid\teen and a friend and I were only discussing some of the old faces from back in the day and his came up.

It’s a small world!  Luke blogs here, actually: http://lukeuedasarson.blogspot.com/

McKinstry
    Participant

Welcome. It would be great to see some pictures of those 15mm armies!

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Hello Aaron,

You found us!  Welcome to TWW.

-shaun

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Temp Like Achilles:

Seven armies in 15mm? Do tell us more! I too am an Ancients gamer (Bronze Age, Iron Age and Classical armies in 15mm) but have been somewhat preoccupied by WWII and more contemporary periods for the last decade. So I’m very interested in your take on things.

Welcome aboard and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

OB
    Participant

Hi Aaron, good to see you here.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

zippyfusenet
    Participant

H’lo Temp, we’ve met elsewhere. I’m sure you remember,

“…and then there was Foul Bernie the Gimp. He was foul when he was drunk, and he was always drunk, so they called him Foul Bernie the Gimp.”

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Thanks again for the welcome, all. Nice to see a few familiar faces again 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.