Home Forums Modern Huey has landed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Since my wargaming hobby has taken a back(far back) seat to my simming hobby, I’ve gone from reading books about the Napoleonic wars etc. To listening to audio books on aerial warfare. I’ve digested many many books the last two and a half years, lots of WW2 fighter books, some WW1, some modern, some Vietnam, some extremely impressive flying, and bravery. But by far in just pure skill and technique no books have impressed me more than the audio books I’ve listened to about Vietnam Huey pilots, the insane control and dramatic stuff they’ve done. It’s just pure extreme skill flying.

So in the end I couldn’t resist anymore and needed the Rubicon Huey. really far above my skill level to make. Took a long time, had to take a break to wait for more black to prime them. And I broke part of the rotor as I took it off the spur, I also lost one of the windows. And with the clear glass, painting the inside. Yeah far far more complex, than the tanks I’m also not very good at doing.

I’m not that happy with the build, but I am quite happy with the paint job, had to buy a new high end airbrush as my cheap one broke after just 2 tank paintings.

So here it is.

Participant

Very smart modelling, lovely painting.

Participant

Looks great to  me!  Properly grubby and faded, and the decals give just that extra pizzaz.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Since my wargaming hobby has taken a back(far back) seat to my simming hobby, [snip]

I’ve listened to about Vietnam Huey pilots, the insane control and dramatic stuff they’ve done. It’s just pure extreme skill flying. So in the end I couldn’t resist anymore and needed the Rubicon Huey. really far above my skill level to make.  [snip]

I’m not that happy with the build, but I am quite happy with the paint job, had to buy a new high end airbrush as my cheap one broke after just 2 tank paintings. So here it is.

From just looking at the pictures, I have to challenge “really far above my skill level to make,” because it looks lovely. I would be very happy with how this turned out if I had made it.

Just saying, don’t put yourself down.

One is good, more is better
    http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Since my wargaming hobby has taken a back(far back) seat to my simming hobby, [snip] I’ve listened to about Vietnam Huey pilots, the insane control and dramatic stuff they’ve done. It’s just pure extreme skill flying. So in the end I couldn’t resist anymore and needed the Rubicon Huey. really far above my skill level to make. [snip] I’m not that happy with the build, but I am quite happy with the paint job, had to buy a new high end airbrush as my cheap one broke after just 2 tank paintings. So here it is.

From just looking at the pictures, I have to challenge “really far above my skill level to make,” because it looks lovely. I would be very happy with how this turned out if I had made it. Just saying, don’t put yourself down.

Kind of you to say. But I did loose a window. I did break part of the rotor. And some of the paint got stripped when I applied effects,  even tho I used varnish.

So the angles of the photo carefully chosen.

Do you have any recomendations for early missile era audiobooks? Could be Vietnam, I’m mainly interested in the dogfights.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.