Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic I finished a brigade.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ok, so I cheated a little, first, it’s 10mm, so doesn’t really count, second, it’s only 1 regiment strong.
    And not even a big regiment, just two battalions. The 108th fought as it’s own small brigade in the 1805-1807 period, in Friant’s 2nd division is Davout’s 3rd corps. At Austerlitz, the whole brigade was a giant 800 men! At that battle, it had support from two small legere companies. Totalling 70 men.
    I’ll give them an extra skirmish base. To add to their 2 skirmish bases, once I get some skirmish figures.

The brigadier is Étienne Heudelet de Bierre at Austerlitz and Louis Joseph Grandeau at Auerstedt and Eylau.

Geof Downton
    Participant

it’s 10mm, so doesn’t really count

10mm painted to that standard? Yeah… they count!

…and the field is fantastic too.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Autodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

It ALL counts! Any completed unit is a small victory. They look great.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Mr. Average
    Participant

Why doesn’t 10mm count?  Even 6mm counts.  Even 3mm counts!  You’ve done lovely work here – superb painting, excellent basing!

Why doesn’t 10mm count? Even 6mm counts. Even 3mm counts! You’ve done lovely work here – superb painting, excellent basing!

Because I usually do 28mm.

I did this brigade/regiment in 4 days of painting (and less than 3 hours per day)

While in 28mm it would take me at minimum 9 days and 6 to 8 hours per day to get the same number of figures painted.

So it feels like cheating.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Embrace the smaller scales.  They call to you.

Roundie
    Participant

Nice work there.

What size basing did you use please 20mm/20mm? I’ve just dipped my toes into 10mm (embracing the smaller scales as Mr Average puts it) and are currently considering base sizes while I await my figures.

cheers

These are 20x25mm. As I like some room in the front to make the bases look good. They are 3mm thick.

I think I’ll try 20mm thick bases next as 3 was a little to much.

Roundie
    Participant

cheers for the info

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.