Home Forums General General I'm a Millionaire!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Madjanovich 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jim Jackaman
    Jim Jackaman
    Participant

Just had this very nice email from the United Nations:

Attention

I am a representative of United Nations. After diplomatic meeting held since yesterday I wish to find out if your funds has been credited to your account as reported in our database that your $2.3Million Dollars which has been approved to you by United Nations as compensation and Reimbursement payment has been Credited into your Bank Account with our payment Bank.

If I did not receive any response from you within the next 48hrs, we shall assume your $2.3Million Dollars has been successfully received by you and if you do not receive your $2.3Million Dollars get back to me immediately I will give you the contact Details of the Bank, so that you can contact the Bank Executive Region Manager for the release of your funds.

God Bless.

Thanks,
    Mr. Churchill Spencer
    United Nations Representative.

Now, I’m thinking of going on a wargaming spending spree, thanks to Mr Churchill Spencer (0r is that Spencer Churchill?)

This would involve all Peter Pig production being diverted to fill the gaps in my 15mm ‘I want it but no body makes it!’ (or I’d just prefer PP to make them) wish list…

WW2 Norwegians, Inter War colonial British and Pathans, French Indochina War, Back of Beyond…the list goes on!

And I’d buy a tank…or perhaps just a Ferret scout car?

What would you do with your $2.3 million (only wargaming things allowed!)

…but remember, you only have 48 hours to claim the cash!

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Jim Jackaman Jim Jackaman.

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

I’ll bet he is a representative from the Nigerian Oil ministry as well. Double duty (or dipping).

willz
    willz
    Participant

As you are in the money, it just so happens that I have an investment scheme for you to pay all your money into.  So just send me all the details and I will empty your bank account, ensuring all monies are spent on a carefree lifestyle with fine dining, wine, dancing girls, and various wargame items, well you get the idea.

a wannabe millionaire, yours in anticipation,

Willz.

Also

Crann Tara and Fife and Drum Miniatures figure production diverted to me to increase the build up of my WAS, SYW armies.

The finest figure painters in UK to paint all these figures.

Lamming, Miniature Figurine medieval production diverted to me.

The building of a Wargame retirement village / home for old but not forgotten gamers

The building of a National Wargame Museum.

Thomaston
    Participant

You could always reply asking for proof of transfer within 24H.

Personally though I’d reply as the secretary to the office of the Dear Great Leader of North Korea, I am not amused by mere $2.3mil and I have nuclear weapons. If he doesn’t transfer at least $10mil within 24H I’ll shut down his operation like I hacked Sony.

Life's too long.

Jim Jackaman
    Jim Jackaman
    Participant

Ouch…harsh but fair!

I bet Mr Churchill Spencer didn’t see that coming.

Like the sound of the retirement village…does it have off road parking for scout cars?

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

I would licence Conan and make all the things from all the films, and a great great many things from the books/comics too.
    I would get the best 3d printer and have a few of them printing stuff 24/7.

I would make a selection of massive terrain boards and detail them like a man possessed.
    I would then die before I ever finished it and as such, die never having played with any of it at all.

warwell
    Participant

I would build a castle for LARPing (or 1:1 scale wargaming as I sometimes call it). I have a LARP wish list already.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Me? I’d move from 3mm-6mm scale to 28mm scale.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

willz
    willz
    Participant

. Like the sound of the retirement village…does it have off road parking for scout cars?

If all the monies are transferred soonest, yes off road parking for scout cars and mobility scooters.

Willz

yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine
    Participant

I’d buy a kettenkrad, and use it for going to the shops.

www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk

Ochoin
    Ochoin
    Participant

I’d buy a kettenkrad, and use it for going to the shops……

….and for invading Poland (or, at least, Polish shops). I’m partial to a serving of Kiszczonka .

donald

grizzlymc
    grizzlymc
    Participant

When I was little more than a cub, farmers in outback Aus often used bren carriers as an ATV like runabout. I’d love to have one of those reconditioned and spiffed up to park in Toorak Tractors.

Etranger
    Participant

When I was little more than a cub, farmers in outback Aus often used bren carriers as an ATV like runabout. I’d love to have one of those reconditioned and spiffed up to park in Toorak Tractors.

Think bigger – like a Centurion or Matilda, then you can park on the Toorak Tractors. (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Toorak%20Tractor)

This bloke has 5 Matildas! https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-19/tinkering-with-tanks-and-preserving-australian-farming-history/8017194

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Etranger.
    grizzlymc
    grizzlymc
    Participant

A Centurion would be nice, replace that thirsty meteor with an American turbo diesel, put the meteor in the Rolls.

A variation on the praying mantis could give you a fold out wargames table above the deck.

And let’s face it, even in Sydney traffic, you only really need a few 20pdr shells; the rest of the ammo bins are for figures and terrain.

Etranger
    Participant

I’ve seen a Leo I being driven down Macquarie Street in Hobart. It had no difficulty keeping up with the cars & understandably no-one was game enough to cut it off. Shame about the road surface though…

Jim Jackaman
    Jim Jackaman
    Participant
    Guy Farrish
    Guy Farrish
    Participant

And there was me thinking I might buy all those golden age boardgames I lost or sold or never got round to buying.

I need to think bigger.

(And is starting your own armoured corps really wargaming?)

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

There’s an outfit in New Zealand (maybe Australia) which builds WWI replica planes from scratch, trying as far as possible to use original specs. I would offer them the money if they would allow me to go there and work for free assisting in building a Sopwith Pup – it’s a level of technology I feel I could actually understand if I saw it done/helped.  They would then teach me to fly and I would fly it home (quite a lot of stopovers on the way – I’m in the UK).

Really must enter the national Lottery…

Cheers

Andrew

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

And there was me thinking I might buy all those golden age boardgames I lost or sold or never got round to buying. I need to think bigger. (And is starting your own armoured corps really wargaming?)

Oh yeah. Get back some of the games I sold.

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

Kiszczonka

The Vintage Aviator. My understanding is it is where Peter Jackson (of Middle Earth) parks his money. I also remember some monkey business there a year or two ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.