Home Forums Alternate History Imagi-Nations Imperial Balkh: a Turko-Hellenistic Army

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lagartija Mike
    Spectator

A more hardcore turcified and proto-Sassanian alternative to the Bactrian Greeks, part of the BC phase of my comprehensive alternative history of the world. Heavy on horse archers, cataphracts, slave phalangites and armored elephants. I’ll be utilizing and repurposing Aventine’s Steppe and Sassanid range as well as their forthcoming Seleukid cataphracts and companion cavalry. The immediate enemies of their large but fractious empire are Olympias’ powerful empire in Macedon, Greece and most of Anatolia, and the Kusho-Ptolemaic kingdom of Egypt. Details to follow.

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing more!

Photos? Or is it too soon?

Lagartija Mike
    Spectator

I’m hoping to place my order with Aventine by mid August and get started immediately. In the meantime I’m working designing the army for the Western Roman Empire that managed not to fall in the fifth century, surviving by becoming a Gotho-Roman state in Italy and large swaths of Gaul. Based out of Ravenna (which in my timeline eclipses and supplants Venice), it’s a Rome with stronger Etrudcan and superstitious elements than the original and both tempermentally and politically hostile to the Eastern Empire, the remnant Gallo-Roman Empire in central and northern Gaul, Germanic Successors and the Avaro-Hunnic Dyarchy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.