Home Forums General General Imperial War Museum library threatened with closure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Russell Phillips
    Participant

Apologies if this appears to be political, but my reasons for posting have nothing to do with political parties, and everything to do with a belief that understanding past wars will help prevent future wars.

The Imperial War Museum’s library is threatened with closure. I think it would be a terrible shame if this were to happen, and it’s not something that can be reversed in future. There is a petition protesting the funding cuts that have led to these plans. I have signed it. If you agree, then I would ask you to sign it too.

Military history author

Luddite
    Participant

Crazy. They £40 million on the refurbishment then can’t find £4 million to fund they library. Is the IWM run by utter cretins ?

willz
    Participant

I signed this over on another web site, got a load of spam e-mail from something called the change.

When you sign, it automatically signs you up for some other web site?

Mike
    Keymaster

I think you are getting emails from change.org, which is the same website the petition is on.
    You must have left ticked a subscription button somewhere.
    Which is naughty as UK law, as I understand it, is that you have to opt in for e-mails, not opt out…

willz
    Participant

Yes Mike and it’s mega annoying to receive unsolicited e-mail junk spam.

So the lesson for me is not to sign any more petitions.

Crazy. They [spend] £40 million on the refurbishment then can’t find £4 million to fund they library. Is the IWM run by utter cretins ?

Totally agree, this has nothing to do with “Tory cuts” and everything to do with mismanagement of funds.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.