Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Interesting Star Wars scratch build

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Found this scratch build project and thought some might like it too.
    http://maker.e2ogame.net/scratchbuilt-star-wars-ground-combat-miniatures

Participant

Thomaston,

That’s pretty damn cool!  I’m a huge Star Wars fan, as are my two boys; kinda sad this Christmas actually, that there isn’t a Star Wars movie to go see.  Anyway, I’d love to play some Star Wars stuff, but I’d want to follow the heroes, and I’ve had a real hard time coming up with satisfactory rules where you have heroes on one or both sides that, essentially, cannot die.  I.e., Luke Skywalker can’t die during the Empire Strikes Back, Obi Wan Kenobi can’t die during the Clone Wars, etc…  When I tried that type of gaming (I played a couple fights re-enacting “Sergeant Rock” comics) it wasn’t particularly fun or interesting.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Wow!  This is actually the site that got me started modelling in the first place.  His 28mm Star Wars stuff was so cool and inventive.  I wish he posted more often.  I haven’t visited the site in about 5 years.  So cool.

Participant

If I could find convincing 6mm Star Wars Stormtroopers I would likely game this universe instead of my own. I have the Pocketmodels ATATs and ATSTs that would serve well enough at that scale.

Participant

Just Jack, we use a “morale bar” instead of hits/wounds etc for storyline heroes. Usually three successful attacks against the same hero (e.g. Luke) = a loss for their side regardless of how the rest of the battle is going.  Seeing such an iconic hero or villain having a tough go of it would be totally demoralizing, and leads to a full retreat. That works for us thematically, and we used it with a lot of different rules. It just adds a second path to victory when your opponent fields an epic hero/villain.

Cool website!

Keymaster

If I could find convincing 6mm Star Wars Stormtroopers I would likely game this universe instead of my own. I have the Pocketmodels ATATs and ATSTs that would serve well enough at that scale.

Irregular Miniatures do some white and black space troopers.

I think CinC Solar Empire Marines might also bee good for Storm troopers.

Logain – That’s an interesting approach, I’ll have to try that sometime.

Thuseld – Pocketmodels is interesting, I’ve got to check that out.

Participant

Logain, thanks, I’ll have to take a look from that angle.

I’ve got some stuff for 6mm fights, with a bunch of AT-AT and AT-ST Walkers, Tie-Fighters, and X-Wing Fighters, but without the ‘heroes,’ the Rebels are so outnumbered/out-gunned they don’t stand a chance, so I put the heroes in and they can’t lose.  Perhaps the ‘morale bar’ can alleviate that.

I really wish there was 15mm figures for Star Wars, but can’t find anything that would pass, and I’m not talented enough for all this modifying/scratch-building stuff!

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Just Jack – I can help you out with 15mm figures. I procured too many, and could send some your way, let me know how to drop you a line if your interested.

For 6mm I’ve been tempted to use Darkest Star, they seem pretty close to the Rebels and Imperials, certainly in the correct style.

Participant

I did a ton of stuff for Star Wars in 15mm!  Look up my MOs Eisley stuff, I think it’s very close!

Participant

Logain – Yeah man, Darkest Star 6mm is what I have, and they’re pretty damn cool, and Darby even hand delivered them, took him upstairs to view the War Room 😉  Andy yeah, I’m very interested in what you’ve found/got in 15mm, please send me an email at big jack mac AT hot mail DOT com
    Thanks!

Old Ben – Just Googled it, some of which led me to your stuff back here on TWW, so I feel kinda dumb at missing it, but WOW, that’s awesome!  Han, Chewie, Boba Fett, Luke, all those storm troopers, that’s amazing, my boys would probably pass out 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.