Home Forums Air and Sea Naval International Naval Wargames Day, Sunday August 6th

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DM
    Participant

Don’t forget, next weekend is International Naval Wargaming Day. Sunday August 6th is the day when naval wargamers all around the world celebrate the birth of naval wargaming and that of Fred T Jane. So get yourself a game organised, solo or with friends and let the world know here, on Facebook, blogs and wargaming sites what you got up to ๐Ÿ™‚

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by DM.
    Mike
    Keymaster

You in Pompey for it?

DM
    Participant

No, I shall most likely be running a small solo pre-dreadnought or AoS game (playtesting some new rules) here in Gloucestershire as I suspect my weekend will also consist of significant amounts of Dad/Hubby Taxi duties ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim Jackaman
    Participant

Neat idea. Will bung summit on the blog and organise a game of some sort for the big day.

McKinstry
    Participant

Will be doing Salamis using Poseidon’s Warriors.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Just Jack
    Participant

Working on it, something in/around Java Sea 1941, probably just DDs and CLs as I work through some rules.

V/R,

Jack

DM
    Participant

Here’s my blog ntry describing by battle fought as part of the inaugural International Naval Wargames Day – the battle of the Yellow Sea

http://dtbsam.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/international-naval-wargaming-day-2017.html

Just Jack
    Participant

I got three games in from the Dutch East Indies in 1942, working on the batreps now.

V/R,
    Jack

McKinstry
    Participant

Congratulations on that cool Yellow Sea battle. It seems pretty historic as had the Russians not lost their Admiral, they were giving better than they got right up until the bridge hit.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Jim Jackaman
    Participant

I had a crack at a Napoleonic naval blockade break out scenario:

http://teaandawad.blogspot.fr/2017/08/international-naval-wargaming-day-sails.html

Definitely looking forward to INWD 2018!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.