Home Forums WWII Into Metz – Battlegroup AAR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    piers brand
    Participant

Well that was certainly one of the best, and also most hard fought games of Battlegroup we’ve ever done…

Into Metz

US forces outnumbered the Germans more than 2 to 1 in men, tanks and support… and they managed to hold us thanks to clever use of the terrain… and God awful US artillery support. I don’t think I’ve ever rolled so bad…

An initial defence by only five German units held the US initial attacks and then the German second line pushed back and even managed to counter-attack for a while on both flanks till one turn eventually went the US way and managed to punch through.

Huge US losses compared to the Germans so a very costly victory and at best a minor one… Certainly the Germans provided a very tenacious and hardy defence that was akin to bearing your head against a wall for a time…

They just didn’t want to give up Metz…

…and big thanks to Diego who popped by from Argentina to Ireland for a game. ­čśÇ

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wow, what a table !!!

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Yep, pretty damned spectacular. And well done Diego for (probably) the longest trip to attend a game.

Thuseld
    Participant

Now that is a wargames table.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Brilliant sounding and looking game!

What’s the source of those buildings? ┬áLovely weathering, just incredible! ┬áPeeling paint on window jambs even, wow! ┬áAnd that turbine looking thing is pretty cool too.

And what is that green colored item in the bottom pix?  Is that a motorcycle and side car?  Just scenery?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ah, just realized some of those buildings are printed card!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

duc de limbourg
    Participant

What a great looking table; just wow!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.