Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Is commercial 3D printing a viable option?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have become a great fan of One Page Rules and their fast play version of 40K, Grim Dark Future.  They have recently made a couple of armies available which other manufacturers do not do.  STL files can be bought quite cheaply under their Patreon membership but getting physical models from their recommended supplier seems expensive.  £3.50 to £4 a model for the standard infantry below. Is that just what you would expect to pay anywhere?  Or could anyone recommend a UK commercial printer who could do a better price on a full army order?

Keymaster

Not sure about prices, assuming there are no license issues I would have a look around on etsy for people selling similar and drop them a message.

Participant

I  would guess that if you want armies it would be more cost effective to buy a 3D printer and print your own but that idea only works if you want hundreds of figures.

£3-£4 seems about what I’ve seen. Price I’ve seen and used from printing service are really high but if you only want those minis and don’t see getting anymore 3D printed minis in the future then it’s cheaper than buying a resin printer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.