Home Forums WWII Japanese Chi-Ha

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Two from Airfix:

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Dear George

NICE JOB!   Very Handsome! I have a few of those Airfix kits and  I put one together once. You did far better than I. I seem to recall I was always breaking something and that the kit seemed terribly fragile.  It was probably my fault and not the kits. You finished it far more expertly and excellently.

Praise and compliments.

Otto

Participant

How cool are those !!!

Participant

Excellent work old chap. I vaguely recall having one as a kid…

Participant

Many thanks for the responses chaps.

Otto, you’re right about fragility, the exercise did not go entirely smoothly; a part was missing from one of the kits so I had to fabricate a bit,  I spent a fair amount of time crawling around on the floor looking for dropped bits and I see I managed to fit a bogey unit round the wrong way! A good pair of flush side cutters helped a lot in getting bits of the sprues without breakage, especially the turret aerials.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

I’m working on a few of these and a Fujimi SPG at the moment. Getting my 20mm Burma Skirmish game sorted (although it is proving a loooong process!)

Participant

This is the second pair of tanks I’ve done in 30 years!  Like a lot of people, in my young days I must have built the Airfix AFV catalogue two or three times, figures replaced vehicles a long time ago.  I did enjoy doing them so may have to revise the projects list to get more tanks in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.