Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Jumping on the 10mm WFB bandwagon

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Steven Francis
    Participant

Not sure yet… To much thinking a head and not in the now…I think a small undead / cult of Moor would be good. Possibly led by Mary Tyler…

Steven Francis
    Participant

Horse archers unit 1. Found these a bit of a pain as the reins were indistinct on on side so not easy to pick out. My aim is all 2000 points before the end of lockdown, with scenary as a bonus if possible.

Mike
    Keymaster

Do you have a planned list for 2000pts or just painting whatever until you hit 2k?

Steven Francis
    Participant

I do have something roughed out….not aiming for anything other than theme

General on horse…may try for on bear if I can brave the cutting

Wizard on foot

2*15 halberdiers

2*5 horse archers

10 foresters in skirmish

10 winged lancers

2*5 bears

Organ gun

Either 20 flagalents or 10 flagalents and 10 armed monks of Urson…not sure on them yet

Then a smattering of hero’s and bits still to add, but I might tweak it with the newer empire list from White Dwarf which might change things a bit.

Steven Francis
    Participant

Got the second 5 lancers done, so we have 10 in total

Second set of bears are base coated. They need something to brighten them up and tie them in…not sure yet on that.

I have also base coated the foresters and second 5 horse archers…may get this done by unlockdown…

Mike
    Keymaster

Good work, just working on my cavalry atm…

Just added up my Empire army so far, about 1600 points and I have a fair few models, you must be having loads?

Steven Francis
    Participant

Not sure. Put a list together last night from the White Dwarf article and came to about 1500…seems to be lower in points than Warhammer Armies.

Second bears done…the slooth together.

And the painted so far…

Just need my appointment to get started on his…sure we will see some pics soon. Otherwise I believe I win by default 💀

Mike
    Keymaster

I take it bears are deadly?

Steven Francis
    Participant

Who knows….I am going to use the standard rules/stars from the Wood elf lists, so the armour is just ornamental. Look a little weak for the large bears…maybe they need buffing a bit…

Mike
    Keymaster

They are not bad stat wise and fear is a good trait to have.

Steven Francis
    Participant

I guess the challenge to me is the 25 by 25 base…mine are on cavalry bases so seem bigger and tougher. Maybe just a save or added roughness.

Do you think we need to get a finished armies (if such a thing) thread at some point to show the minihammer fest?

Mike
    Keymaster

25 x 25 is for WFB in 28mm though?

Humans are on 20×20 in WFB, but if like me you are doing humans on 10×10 for 10mm then half the 25×25 or maybe do it as 15×15?

Mike
    Keymaster

OH wait I am with you now, sorry… 😐

Mike
    Keymaster

Why not give them a save of 6+

Steven Francis
    Participant

Maybe… Will see when I get a game in and then tweak if I need to.

With the wife in a Zoom disco I have some time to paint…

And beer from down the road (sorry about Green King though)

Mike
    Keymaster

What are those dudes?

Nothing wrong with a bit of ghost ship.

Steven Francis
    Participant

Adnams good, Green King are a bit enveloping in there business practices.

Hey are warrior minis, so will be monks of Urson. White robes, black details and bear feet of course

Steven Francis
    Participant

Got the Brothers of Urson completed, onto the flagellants..

Steven Francis
    Participant

And flagellants done. The yellow/ochre of there clothes not really showing well in the light. Not your traditional top off, whip yourself from down south. To cold for that is Kislev.

And the infantry so far together.

Mike
    Keymaster

The yellow/ochre of there clothes not really showing well in the light

I agree, it is a bit tricky to see.
    🙁

Who did you say their opponents are?

Steven Francis
    Participant

Should be a chaos horde…I am hopeful that a new thread should pop up soon for them…I have seen some painted samples and they look very good….

Steven Francis
    Participant

Archers. Not felt it with these tbh. Not sure why…might be loosing the 10mm mojo a bit…but the end is near so do think I will get there.

Mike
    Keymaster

Oh no, maybe play a game or do something warhammery that is not painting more troops?

Steven Francis
    Participant

I think it is the models, just not doing it. Back on the second large unit of halberdiers and happier with them. I can always go back to the archers after basing, which I think really helped to gf it that feel of a job well done evennin a medicore paint job.

Steven Francis
    Participant

Bit slow this week as I had a 2am at work on night…joy…

But some movement on the second regiment of halberdiers. They have a little more detail done so will need to go back to the first one at some point.

Hopeful to be on the basing after the weekend

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool cool. These your first three rank troops?

Steven Francis
    Participant

And only currently…I have started eyeing up some other bits….spears, hand guns…but getting these done first. Then bases. Then transport…I have a few wooden bikes that can hold armies perfectly and will pimp a little bit..what is the Kislev coat of arms?

Mike
    Keymaster

Not sure, maybe like the Empire it depends on which area?
    Though a bears head is prominent.

Steven Francis
    Participant

Definitely bears head… found a few ideas. But models first….5 horse archers and 2crew for the organ gun left

Steven Francis
    Participant

Archers done and last two models to finish up…so might be there soon

Mike
    Keymaster

Blimey, sounds encouraging.

Steven Francis
    Participant

1450 points done…if my maths is right. Never going to win an award for painting but happy with them. Bases next…

Mike
    Keymaster

Happiness is key.
    I hate basing.

Steven Francis
    Participant

It is fine on larger bases…for these…not so sure. But it does finish the models and will bring them from happy to pleased.

Time to get the coffee grounds out

Mike
    Keymaster

I find that the integral bases stick out and create an island on the square base, it is the raising up of the surrounding areas to make the figure look like it is on one base not two that irks me.
    I find it time consuming and tedious.

Steven Francis
    Participant

First stage of basing is complete…sand and coffee grounds added. Ratio is a bit of…could have done with more coffee but then that is always my thinking☕

And I am out of my normal basing paint….time to search

Steven Francis
    Participant

Got my paint through, a nice khaki tan…and had enough time to paint, dry brush and flock. Will need to edge the bases, I like a plain black to break them from the table a bit but that is pretty much it 😁

ian pillay
    Participant

Great looking army. Not got the mini hammer bug (yet). I’ve been rounding out my Warmaster armies (from eBay and Cromarty Forge) Not sure which version of WH to choose if I did mini hammer. I like 2nd & 3rd edition. I think 6th edition had the skirmish rules in the back – Mordhiem light. They gave a good game if I recall correctly.
    looking forward to seeing the bad guys!

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Logain
    Participant

Looking great!  It’s really coming together nicely

Mike
    Keymaster

Cool. Nice ruins too, may have to make me some.

I like 2nd & 3rd edition

Do eeeeet.
    I have played a few skirmish level games with 3rd, works fine.
    (About 10 models per side moving in pairs or as individuals)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.