Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Junk build scifi skirmish scenery for Stargrave, Planet 28 and others

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Cacique Caribe
    Participant

Stunning results!

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

6mmwargaming
    Participant

The walls are finished and ready to keep out any unwanted guests….

I painted the walls with an airbrushed and only lightly weathered them (by my standards), since I wanted the appearance that they are well maintained. I’ve run out of Mantic bases but I plan to add another section or two in the future.

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

I may be borrowing that idea!

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Some WIP pieces
    A couple of 3D printed containers, 2 Conflix grey buildings which I will pimp out, a toxic pool of cheese with walkway, a classic scifi piece – a pringle style storage tower.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I’ve finished the storage tank and its ready to paint. I’m not convinced about the balcony but i will carry on, as it was a lot of work and I don’t want to spend more time on it.

In perhaps a wargames first, I’ve used parts from some children’s LoL Dolls (the pink containers)! The rest is a mix of 3D printed, plasticard, wire, sprues and bases. I sliced some of the bolts of the conflix terrain and used them on this for some of the plates

madman
    Participant

Hmmm. Watched a “what was great about waterworld video on Youtube yesterday. I am getting those vibes from your work. Fun!

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Thanks

The tower is completed. I wasn’t sure about the design while it was under construction but it looks good finished.

I forgot to mention the ladder is from the Conflix syberclicks set and it works well.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

The next piece ready for painting is a giant vat of cheese! This may be a homage to one of the players in our group who is renowned for using cheesy lists.

I changed the gangplank as the other one was too big and its not fixed down yet, so will be easier to paint. Its made mostly from Conlfix syberclicks parts with Dungeons and lasers stairs and a PVC foam frame.

The vat is made from a blank CD case and there is a couple of fluorescent lamp starters and a random electrical piece. The cheese is made from rubber caulk.

Thanks

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Thanks.

The giant vat of cheesy toxic cheese is finished. Actually I might add a couple of decals but the painting and basing is complete.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Here’s some 3D printed containers I painted. On the large ones I stuffed up and sprayed the numbers on upside down, but you cant really tell! 😮

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I’ve been painting some figures to fight with. These are Void Kryomek Nexus SWAT figures and they have quite a cool style. I picked them up on a whim secondhand and they were great to paint, but all that red was hard work! I’m still thinking about adding numbers to them on the white shoulder pad.

Thanks for looking

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

I’m still thinking about adding numbers to them on the white shoulder pad.

Excellent idea!  Awesome figures, by the way.  Beautiful paintwork.

Dan

Dan

Thuseld
    Participant

What was hard about the red? I am genuinely curious now.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

What was hard about the red? I am genuinely curious now.

I was because there was so much of it to paint!

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I found another plastic box so it was converted to a habitat. Again lots of random parts including a LoL doll piece, Hot wheels wheel and 3D printed parts!

I’ve also started on some prefab/shanty buildings and here are the basic shells. I need to add lots of details to them. Also a couple of mutant testing stations in the front of the picture

Thanks for looking

Mike
    Keymaster

I’ve also started on some prefab/shanty buildings and here are the basic shells. I need to add lots of details to them. Also a couple of mutant testing stations in the front of the picture

Do like.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Do like.

Me too 🙂

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Here’s the first 2 prefab buildings I started a while back. They took a long time gluing and fitting all the bits and pieces together. The main shapes are made from PVC foam, cardboard and plasticard, with all sorts of pieces glued on, including a bazillion rivets I cut up to make.

The Vault

Computer Hub

Cheers

6mmwargaming
    Participant

The build of the next 2 are complete using similar materials to the other ones. There’s a Garage

and a kind of a Bunker

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Man, you’re really knocking out some good stuff.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

6mmwargaming
    Participant
    6mmwargaming
    Participant

I’m still working on my prefab buildings, but I managed to paint the remaining habitat I posted a few messages back.

Its the same colours as before with some weathering using a thin airbrush spray and chipping with a piece of sponge.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.