Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Jutland Centenary Game and Cake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DMDM
    Participant

I’ve updated my blog with a report from the Jutland centenary megagame run at HMS Flying Fox in Bristol yesterday.

http://dtbsam.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/jutland-100-first-game.html

As well as an excellent game the event was graced with the presence of a most wonderful cake!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by DMDM.
    Angel BarracksAngel Barracks

Cool.
    I watched a documentary on it last night, very interesting.

Was the cake nice?

Not Connard SageNot Connard Sage
    Participant

Cool. I watched a documentary on it last night, very interesting. Was the cake nice?

It would have been even better without the excitable Dan Snow and his ‘history for eejits’.

I like cake

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

SteelonsandSteelonsand
    Participant

Great report as usual from Mr Manley – live semaphore, giant tables and oodles of ships – what’s not to like? – oh, and cake!

Saw that programme too – most shocking oversight were the dreadful plastic models Dan Snow was pushing around over the authentic German map of the North Sea – surely should have been something a bit nicer in 1/3000 or 1/2400th perhaps!

Rules Junkie JimRules Junkie Jim
    Participant

I must’ve developed immunity to Dan Snow over the years, because I though the Jutland documentary was good, definitely one of the better WW1 programmes over the last couple of years (the recent C4 Jutland documentary was one of the worst). I’ve resigned myself to the fact that hour long programmes of this nature are always going to pander to perceived audience attention spans.

Every now and then I’m tempted by 1/6000 minis, they’re a good size for the space-strapped, and the detail looks good. But something about buying an entire class of battleships in one go stops me; for starters, I’m not going to use all of them.

MikeMike
    Keymaster

most shocking oversight were the dreadful plastic models Dan Snow was pushing around over the authentic German map of the North Sea – surely should have been something a bit nicer in 1/3000 or 1/2400th perhaps!

Pretty sure they were from the Battleships game, they looked very much like the ones my 6 year old daughter has.
    I too moaned about this.

😀

Nic WrightNic Wright
    Participant

That is an awesome cake.

Also, a nice blog. We also did Jutland on the weekend, but only the ‘Run to the South’, so rather less ships than you seemed to be using.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.