Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Jutland Centenary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DMDM
    Participant

With the 100th anniversary of Jutland only a few weeks away, are you marking the occasion in a wargaming event? I’m taking part in a refight of the battle at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth organised by the Naval Wargames Society, and I’m aware of two other refight in the UK in Bristol and Leeds. So what else does anyone have planned?

Angel BarracksAngel Barracks

Interesting..

I know you like watery naval things, do you have the models for this already, have you been getting them ready specifically for this event?
    Are you re-fighting it with proxies?

I am curious as to what motivates someone to do a centenary type re-fight, and what level of effort they put into it..

DMDM
    Participant

The Jutland refight is using a collection of models owned by the museum which from the photos look rather lovely (a lot nicer than mine, thats for sure). I think we have a team of about 10 players and umpires for this one, the museum is making up display boards and suchlike

Rules Junkie JimRules Junkie Jim
    Participant

Refighting Jutland requires a lot of preparation and commitment (that rules me out!), and I’ll be very interested to see how these planned refights turn out. The Grand Fleet really should’ve done better…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.