Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Kaiju/Giant Robot Gaming

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ken WarrenKen Warren
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve been here, but I’m trying to get back into gaming & talking about gaming. Right now, I’m getting more into Kaiju/Giant Robot gaming with Giants: The Action Figure Game of Colossal Combat. It’s the next evolution of Giant Monster Rampage, which I’ve played quite a bit of in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/giantsactionfiguregame/

I’m using 2.5 to 3″ Godzilla monster figures and old Monsterpocalypse monsters with Monsterpocalypse buildings.

Anyone else doing any Kaiju gaming?

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Anyone else doing any Kaiju gaming?

I am sure there are a few here that will be along shortly to go squeee!
    😀

NoelNoel
    Participant

Funny that you mention it, for Father’s Day my wife gave me Giga-Robo!

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177014/giga-robo

I’ve been enjoying it so far! They plan on making a Kaiju version in the future that will integrate with it.

I know there is also this, which is getting a positive reception:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/303051/godzilla-tokyo-clash

Mr. Average
    Participant

I happen to be a big fan of Samurai Robots Battle Royals, and there’s a companion game based around Kaiju called Mighty Monsters I think. Both are from Ganesha Games.

Striker
    Participant

Looking at the FB site I see this “Buildings are important to the game and should be the primary terrain type populating the board, . . .”

How important are they (if I don’t use buildings will the rules break or some really odd results happen)?  I generally don’t use buildings in my games outside of an objective.  I’m using 8″ vinyl figures but it’s the fiddle factor I’m concerned about.  Things like constant knocking of buildings over unintentionally,  having players navigate a forest of buildings, and such.

We’ve played Monster Island mostly but have tried Giant Monster Rampage.  I  have most (99%) of the kaiju we use.

neuzdneuzd
    Participant

I’ve been scratch building 3mm houses specifically for kaiju apocalypse games.

I’ll be using Squad Hammer Core by Nordic Weasel as the starting point for my game’s rules, and I have 3mm tanks, artillery and planes as well as a variety of mechs/battlesuits in several scales that look perfect as 3mm mechs.

Come 2145, when rules and houses and minis will be finished, I’ll post something here.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I think it’s mainly that Kaiju and Sentai shows usually take place in cities.  It’s not a big deal though – print them out of paper, glue them together, and as they’re destroyed, literally smash them.  Fun for all ages.

Used to be a bunch available on Wargame Vault but the guy was in Russia and pulled all his files for a reason I’ve been unable to determine.  Still, there are free files for Dropzone Commander available somewhere or other.  And I believe their cardboard city sets are back in print as well, and that sets up in about 10 minutes.  Very good for 8″ tall mechs and Kaiju.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Ah, here we are.

https://ttcombat.com/pages/dropzone-commander-buildings

I routinely scale these down to make 3mm scale cityscapes.  Cheap, easy, fast to build.  I personally detest terrain-making, so this is my go-to.

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

I think it’s mainly that Kaiju and Sentai shows usually take place in cities. It’s not a big deal though – print them out of paper, glue them together, and as they’re destroyed, literally smash them. Fun for all ages. Used to be a bunch available on Wargame Vault but the guy was in Russia and pulled all his files for a reason I’ve been unable to determine. Still, there are free files for Dropzone Commander available somewhere or other. And I believe their cardboard city sets are back in print as well, and that sets up in about 10 minutes. Very good for 8″ tall mechs and Kaiju.

I have a few of that guy’s 28mm Russian Village items which I scaled and printed out at 6mm. Haven’t built them yet. In any case I was searching for his items a couple days back (yea, like I am going to build them yet!), found he was gone but he is selling direct now, plus other’s items like mats etc..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.