Home Forums WWII Kampfgruppe Heller, Poland 1939: next fights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Please see below for the next three fights in my homage to Just Jack’s ‘Kampfgruppe von Klink’ WW2 campaign, whilst I playtest John D Salt’s WW2 rules ‘Gummipanzergrenadier’; KG Heller continues to use its armour to try and force a breakthrough near Mokra…

Battle 2 revisited

Battle Three:

Battle Four:

Participant

This is very useful stuff, and I have been getting a steady stream of useful playtest points by e-mail.

So far I find the results quite convincing, and very much the sort if thing I would like the rules to produce: hidden anti-tank guns are a bugger to shift, properly dug-in MGs likewise, and the attacker needs one or more of reasonable numerical superiority, a bunch of covered infiltration routes, or powerful fire support to make progress. The Germans don’t seem to have had any of those so far. I would recommend (and not only because I would like to see the artillery rules get a workout) a spotting patrol hooked up to the divisional 15cm arty Abteilung to soften up the Poles next time.

All the best,

John.

Participant

Thanks John, I have found the results so far pretty convincing as well. I am not sure that there are many scenarios in KG Klink which have the right kind of artillery support (JustJack adds it as a pre- or post-game narrative equalizer as far as I can see), so I might rig up a couple of one-off scenarios to test out the artillery sub-system, and maybe the engineering one too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.