Home Forums WWII KG Klink, Poland, Game 7

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

It’s 1700, 8 Sept 1939. After a brief rest and reorg following the brutal fighting at Mokra, the kamfgruppe (as part of 4th Panzer Division) resumed its lightning advance east. As the sun goes down and the light begins to fail, reconnaissance elements of Kampfgruppe Klink reach the western suburbs of Warsaw. Neither side was truly prepared for what came next; the Poles were dismayed when their pickets reported German columns approaching Warsaw. Caught out, they rushed ill equipped but very motivated elements of their National Guard to hold off the invaders until a formal defense could be mounted.

Similarly, the Germans wanted to force the door into Warsaw, but had only lightly-equipped troops available. However, 1st Lt Unger (Recon Company Commander), being aggressive and exercising his initiative, decided to push ahead to force that door.

The opposing forces: Polish National Guard vs German Recon.
    The Poles: CO, two MGs, and ten rifle teams (four with attached anti-tank rifles).
    The Germans: CO is 1Lt Unger, Commander of the Recon Company; then there is 2Lt Wehner’s Armored Car Plt, 2Lt Weider and three squads of his 1st Motorcycle Platoon, and 2Lt Wendt and all four squads of his 2nd Motorcyle Platoon.

Overview, north is up, showing German starting positions on left (west), Poles on right (east) on blinds. At top left, Lt Weider’s 1st M/C Plt has already dismounted, the CO and Lt Wehner’s A/C Plt is at center, and Lt Wendt’s 2nd M/C Plt is entering at bottom left, still mounted.

I won’t tell you what happened, but I’ll just say that things got a little crazy (see all the casualty figures from each side intermingled, and the burning armored car).

To witness the carnage, check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/01/kg-klink-poland-game-7.html

I’ve got another one waiting around to be written, then I’ve played another two games this weekend (so far), so stand by for more reports.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Great AAR Just Jack , I could feel the back and forth of it.

Participant

Always love seeing armoured cars and light tanks on the table. They don’t get nearly enough love and they can be a ton of fun to play with.

Participant

Jack, what are the effects of the cultivated areas. Are they just classed as open or do they have line of sight / cover potential?

Participant

Kyote – Thanks man. Yeah, it came right down to the end, turns out the Recon Company commander pushed his luck one too many times…

Ivan – To me the armored cars and light tanks (that are mine) look a lot better when they’re not burning though.  I need to work on that.  And where the heck have you been? 😉

Norm – Generally I class the fields as open, no cover or LOS issues.  However, as the war goes on and there’s inclement weather, I can see having them slow movement, making vehicles conduct bog checks.  Just thinking of all the times I had to walk through fields that seriously slowed us down (men and vehicles) due to mud that swallowed up boots and sunk vehicles in up to their axles.  Should come in very handy in Russia.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Been heads down in the writing bunker 🙂

Trying to juggle three projects at the same time so things get a bit bonkers.

Participant

Gotcha, and I understand about being busy.

I got three games in this weekend, still writing some up, I need to finish my 20mm modern, my 20mm WWII, a bunch of 10mm Winter WWII (US, USSR, and German), a little bit of Brit 10mm for 1940, rebase my modern USMC, FFL, and WarPac infantry, finish my big mess of modern 6mm, rebase some WWII 6mm (you guys haven’t even seen those yet!).  I’m sure I’m forgetting something…

Oh, and I haven’t forgotten that I owe you the naval stuff…

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.