Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Khadrin's Miniatures

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

They do look very nice indeed!

Gorgeous!

lovely sculpts, every one i have seen is packed with detail.

Quality Pewter Miniatures at affordable price :

http://perfectsixscenics.co.uk
    Participant

That could have been a great day for me, the day I saw my dwarves going live ! Sadly it has been marred by something ! It has been brought to my attention that my dwarves living in the Arian Mountain range are a problem Arian, it seems, reeks of white supremacy !
    First of all, in english (not my native tongue) the word Aryan has been historically 2 things, in indo-iranian, it means noble and comes from Arya, a sanskrit word. Then it has been used by the nazi propaganda in the last century. In french it’s written Aryen. I used the word in my own fantasy setting as I used many other words. I hope Khur Zedan, Or’Telan, Garthurien or Khadrin are not a problem to anyone too. Now back to Arian. Aria is an italian word used in opera in means air, tune, Aria is a belgian comic book from Michel Weyland, Aria Stark is one of Game of Thrones characters. Aria is a female first name. Aria is an algorythm. Should I keep on ?
    I am not a white supremacist, I do believe in all colors and shapes. My fun is making little metal figurines and play with them with my sons and friends. If you are not happy with my mountain range being named Arian, you know what ? Get the fuck off my pages and websites ! You won’t be missed !!!!

Keymaster

I feel partially responsible for this.
    Someone on another site mentioned to me that Arian sounded like Ayran.
    Not wanting Thierry to cop any flak I passed this opinion on in case he was worried.

I know from experience that it can feel a bit like a violation, like an undeserved shaming, to have a pall of suspicion cast over oneself because of a misunderstanding or something unintentional, even when the person bringing it up is not trying to shame or to cast that pall. I’m certainly very sensitive about that sort of thing myself. I can literally feel the rush of involuntary anger in my body, almost like a drowning sensation, when I feel unfairly accused.

This seems like one of those cases where a bad thing happened and it’s no one’s fault.  I’m hoping for more nice things from Khadrin’s Miniatures in the future, unmarred by unfortunate misunderstandings.

Participant

Greetings you all

Another dwarven unit is now available at https://www.khadrins-miniatures.fr/shop-boutique/khadrin-s-miniatures/dwarf-troops/ !

Keymaster

They are nice, good poses too.

Participant

Great looking unit, plenty of different poses and some fantastic detail on the shields.

Participant

WIP ! Pegasus, Nightmare, Unicorn, they are all horsies !

Participant

WIP ! Pegasus, Nightmare, Unicorn, they are all horsies !

Amazing, it’s hard to see they’re only 15mm scale. Kudos to the sculptor!

These are really nice.

Participant

Geez ! What’s this noise ? These 2 musicians will be part of a 12 dwarves command unit. The set will be 4 officers, 4 standard bearers and 4 musicians.

Thierry “Khadrin”

Participant

Nice!  Probably don’t want to see the beastie that big old horn came off of!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Keymaster

Loving the pipes

Participant

The bagpiper is terrific, I really like this one.

Participant

More noisy dwarves, a drummer and a veteran drummer !

Keymaster

Drums, drums in the Deep.

So is this shaping up to be a massed battle range now? Because I might be interested. I was collecting WHFB Dwarfs during 6th edition and these figures are very much in the same style as that, but in a scale that’s more feasible for massed battle nowadays (for me, at least).

That’s contingent on more unit types, though, and probably an opposing army as well, and I know all of that is a very big ask.

Participant

Rhoderic I will keep developping this range. So far hammer, axe and spear units, a command unit with officers, standard-bearers and musicians is on the way. Will follow archers, crossbowmen, rangers, Ibex cavalry, battle ragers, female unit, elite unit, carts, artillery …. It’ll take some time as the sculptor is both slow and very busy but it’ll be worth it at the end.

Participant

Dwarves do have standards too !!!

Thierry “Khadrin”

Keymaster

Nicely done sir!

Participant

Time for some Dwarf Officers !

Participant

Bravo, excellent looking sculpts.

Keymaster

Indeed, they would be impressive as 25mm, but as 15’s…

They’re top-notch for sure.

Is the bow sculpted to look like it’s made of metal instead of wood?

Participant

You’re right Rhoderic !

Participant

Very nice dwarves!!

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.