Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy KILL DAVROS!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

There’s trouble at’mill on Skaro!!!

Davros’s latest experiment’s gone badly wrong and he’s created Zeg the Red… super Dalek. Who’s got the idea that, he should be the Universe’s head pepperpot. With a breakaway faction he has transmatted into the Dalek City with malice aforethought regarding Davvers!

The Doctor and U.N.I.T.’s Sergeant Benton have arrived in the Tardis for a recce, as have a trio of Cybermen who’re mad with everybody. Let battle commence…

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Participant

That all looks like great fun – gotta love Daleks vs the Doctor – those are larger scale minis, aren’t they?

really liking the melted green goop on the ‘exterminated’ Daleks – very effective!

Yep, the Doctor, Daleks and Cybermen are Corgi. The U.N.I.T. lads are seventies Britains Deetail SAS.

In a flash of electric blue light and a loud electronic pulsing Zeg (the red pepperpot with gold lid) and his followers materialise from the cities two transmatting stations and set off on patrol. Zeg’s crew enters a bunker and get into a blasting match with three very irate Cybermen. A point blank exchange of blasters shred the Cybermen who, surprisingly, take two two of Zeg’s patrol with them…

At the other side of the city the searching Daleks find the electronic code to enter the main control room. One of them goes to check a small bunker to see if Davros lurks therein. He doesn’t, but one of his bodyguards does, and Zeg’s bloke gets malleted…

The Daleks enter the main control room (note the stunning floor mural) and then it all really kicks off bigstyle! They discover the Doctor and Sgt. Benton’s U.N.I.T. section. Squawking maniacally at the sight of humans and their greatest adversary the Daleks get down to it. Under a hail of blaster fire the humans leg it for the transmatt machine to escape. The U.N.I.T. rocket launcher man, the one real threat to the Dalek armour, is targeted as Sgt. Benton puts up a valiant rearguard action to hold off pursuit…

At the sight of the humans the Dalek ‘prime directive’ is activated. Installed by Davros at the Genesis of the Daleks, the directive, to exterminate the Doctor and any human life wherever it is encountered, draws the furious pepperpots like moths to a flame, not even Zeg can resist it…

The Doctor operates the transmatt machine (note:- transmatt machines must have an operator on the control panel for it to function) and a lone U.N.I.T. soldier is saved. The Doctor then succumbs to a barrage of blaster fire…

Davros has laid his trap well. With a slight electronic ‘swish’ the door of the only bunker not searched opens to reveal Himself and another bodyguard. Davros legs it toward the other transmatt machine as Zeg and his lads give chase…

Davros’s bodyguard fights a delaying action agin Zeg, good as the bodyguard Daleks are, they’re no match, for the mighty Zeg…

Davros sits in the transmatt machine as his sole remaining bodyguard races to the operating console, too late, Zeg arrives and blows his melon off!

Alone, Davros sits in the transmatt machine, Zeg gloating in trumph, draws out the moment of his victory. Then there is another of those flashes of electric blue light and loud electronic pulsing thingys, so common to Skaro. An image is burned into the retina of the Dalek’s eyestalks…

Davros has taught his creations all they know, but as is often the way of Evil Overlords the Universe over, he hasn’t taught them all he knows. A final flash of electric blue light and loud electronic pulsing reverses the image and he is gone…

Participant

Oh shit, that’s awesome 🙂

It was a right laugh from move one to the end. We used the ‘Fistful of Lead’ rules, next game we’re having a pop with your ‘Squad Hammer’ rules.

Participant

I thought Fistful of Lead was a wild west game? Or is it pretty adaptable to other stuff?

Yep, it is, but they’ve also done a blackpowder version and the latest version is sci-fi called:- ‘Fistful of Lead- Galactic Heroes’.

Participant

I just love this. Obsessive scrutiny of your photos reveals a Special Weapons dalek (first series of photos, second to last). Is that by Corgi? Never seen one…

If there’s a next game please be sure to post!

SWD is an Eaglemoss resin casting…

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/doctor-who-figurines-collection/special-weapons-dalek-figurine

Participant

Funny you should mention that. Just yesterday I discovered them while trolling on e-bay (where there’s a will there’s a way, you see!). I’m working on my own project for Dr Who in 54mm now: my idea is to acquire about a dozen or so Daleks (including one SWD), half as many Cybermen, Davros and the Doctor (naturally) and about 10-20 UNIT types. Shame those Britains paratroopers are so confoundedly expensive! Most of the Eaglemoss figures are too big, unfortunately, but I might pick up the Morbius figure, which doesn’t feel so off looming over other things on the table.

So, you see what you’ve done? I’m not sure whether to thank or shake my fist at you!

So, you see what you’ve done? I’m not sure whether to thank or shake my fist at you!

I don’t like to do this, it makes me feel really guilty…

Participant

And you should feel guilty, you really should. Having managed to dry the eyes, with shaking fingers I’ve sent you a PM over on LAF. (Not sure how to do it here)

Off to get a hanky.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.