Home Forums Medieval Kingdom of Jerusalem Foot Knights

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2020/05/kingdom-of-jerusalem-foot-knights.html

Hi,

That’s the last of my planned Kingdom of Jerusalem Foot figures done, just a couple of mounted units to do to finish this little force within an army.

The Firefore Figs are growing on me, I know the weapons are too big (because they are plastic ?) and the historical accuracy is questioned by some, but they paint up well and give a nice varied unit feel when finished.

Next up some test figures for WW1 Cavalry.

Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

They look great!  The faces are incredibly well painted, not over done at all.  And those decals add just the right amount of dash without being over the top.  Great addition to your troops.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Really nicely done!  The Crusader States continue to fascinate me, as do many historically anomalous nations that, with the benefit of a few centuries, seem to have fates that were foregone conclusions.  The funny thing is that the population under arms in Jerusalem was probably such that this could, with only slight exaggeration, represent the whole military force of the Kingdom, modeled at 1:1.

Participant

Many thanks, interestingly on the numbers at Montgisard there were 400 ish knights and if I remember right less than 100 from The Templars suggesting 300 or so from the Kingdom, plus the 4 to 7,000 other troops all if whom seem to be from or raised by the Kingdom.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Participant

agree about the faces, they look splendid.  Always a bit I have so much trouble with i just try to ignore them, and just do a drybrush.

Really Good. Are you going to take some ‘whole army’ photos, or are they on the blog already and I just can’t find them ‘cos I am thick?

Participant

Cheers Sane Max, you haven’t lost it mate ! I have a couple of Cavalry units to finish so I will have 3 foot, 2 horse and a command stand so I will do a pic or two then.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.