Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Kiss me Hardy game at Istanbul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We had a nice game of KMH from Too Fat Lardies. Some of the heartiest laughter I have had in a long time. 1/2000 Valiant Miniatues

https://phdleadhead.blogspot.com.tr/2017/11/kiss-my-hardy-action-at-istanbul.html

With Respect
    KTravlos

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Very nice.  KMH are my go-to rules for larger battles.  One question for you: What are the red areas in your water mat?  Also, who made your mat? (OK, two questions.)

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Sorry for the late reply Brian. The mat was bought by the club from a source not known to me. It is actually a fantasy battles map, essentially a hellscape?. But it worked well. The red areas are supposed to be lava?, but we treated them just as weird concetrations of plangton 🙂

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

Oh, I remember those 1:2000 Valiant ships. They were my first introduction to age-of-sail gaming. Looks like you had great fun during the game!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

It’s good we have a Konstantinos in Konstantiniyye 

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

K,

That’s OK, as the holiday here in the US is keeping us busy as well.  Lava, plankton whatever.  As long as the group has fun (and I know KMH makes for a fun game) that’s all that really counts.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Volunteer
    Participant

Great AAR Konstantinos! Lots of captains and laughter makes for a great day of gaming. KMH are my choice rules as well.

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Rory McCreadie
    Participant

So! I’m I dumb or what?

I have the rules. I have made cards and ships logs for this game. I have been told by Vol and seen very good A.A.R. about this rule set. So have I played them? NO! I’m sad!

Be safe

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Rory,

No,not dumb!  Just too much real life getting in the way of important stuff, like gaming.  If you want to add more details to the ship records for KMH, I wrote an article for one of the Specials a few years back that spruced them up a bit.  Let me know if you’re interested.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Rory McCreadie
    Participant

Brian,

Yes please! Vol made some great ships logs for the K.M.H. rules. He compressed them so they take up less room. Always a good thing. I’ve played games with over 50 ships and ships logs on the table. That can get messy!

Be safe

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

OK, will do.  Shoot a message to my email address (brianw0405ATgmailDOTcom) and I will send you a PDF copy of the issue that article was in.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.