Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Lærdalske lette infanterikompani

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

In 1803 the Danish king revoked a deal with the people from Lærdal, that exempted the men from military service as long as they maintained the roads over the mountains. This the Lærdølingene didn’t like so the rebelled, in the end the leaders ended up executed. 5 years later Lærdalske lette infanterikompani marched 320km over the mountains in winter to get to the Swedish border, they took part in the battle of Trangen, a glorious victory over the Swedes.

Keymaster

That looks very cool!
    Is that cushion stuffing?

That looks very cool! Is that cushion stuffing?

The advantage of Norway, access to real snow.

Participant

That’s a wonderful ‘photo and lovely painting and miniatures.

Participant

Doing a project with links to local/personal history is really cool. Doing one that highlights a relatively obscure unit or action is even neater.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

Nice!

Although they look a little underdressed for the weather conditions to my soft southern English eyes. No doubt my Geordie countrymen will disagree..

Nice! Although they look a little underdressed for the weather conditions to my soft southern English eyes. No doubt my Geordie countrymen will disagree..

The jackets are wool, what more do they need, those skinny fit tights are really way too much, they’ll probably overheat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.