Home Forums Alternate History Pulp League of Adventurers for Pulp Alley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Finally, I finished my first league for Pulp Alley. Say hello to the League of Adventurers.

For creating the character cards I used Geckos

For more pictures please visit my blog

I really like the rules and the way Pulp Alley plays. This won’t be my last league. Actually, I am planning to create a fantasy campaign using PA.

Keymaster

Cool beans, though this kind of thing isn’t helping me stay away from Pulp gaming..

Love it!

I’m also a fan of Pulp Alley. Admittedly I’m not actually very familiar with how it plays, but all the Pulp Alley-related projects I keep seeing online give me a very high opinion of the game – it’s been good for the community. The game’s developers also seem to be great people, very actively participating in the community in an inspirational way as they are.

I’d not mind hearing more about your Pulp Alley fantasy campaign. I’ve been thinking of something similar (using PA for a swords-and-sorcery type setting, in my case). I was big into the Rattrap Productions games back when they were in vogue (though I now realise they had some flaws), and now I have an urge to “translate” PA into swashbuckling, pulp sci-fi and swords-and-sorcery in imitation of the way the .45 Adventure game engine was adapted for those same themes.

By the way, I heartily approve of the way TWW has been turning increasingly like LAF in regard to content in the past few weeks 

Participant

…I have an urge to “translate” PA into swashbuckling, pulp sci-fi and swords-and-sorcery …

They (the fine PA folk) have done some of the legwork for you, there:

http://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/1001.htm

I’m not actually very familiar with how it plays…

I’ve found that it plays the way you want it to play – the core system accepts many (all?) ideas simply because it is, admittedly, broad/unspecified as to the specifics/fiddlybits.  If desired, you can modify it easily to suit personal/local taste, but the rules as written work to allow/build a game that leaves the ‘coloring in’ to the players = participation = customization = fun (‘cuz if you make a game you don’t like, you only have yourself to blame).

Participant

@Mike: There is no reason to stay away from pulp gaming. 

@Rhoderic
    : Personally I’d never played .45 Adventure. So, I am not aware of their mechanics. But my fantasy campaign is in an early stage. I have done some research for stuff like scenery, concepts for NPCs and random encounters, game mechanics for certain scenarios  and all that stuff. For example, while watching a movie, I came up with the idea of a “light/darkness dynamic”, where certain groups or characters gain advantages/disadvantages while operating in the light or in the shadows. I also came up with the idea to include “sidequests”, so that the league could gain 1 or 2 extra plot points in certain games.  But of course serious playtesting will be needed in regard of balancing the whole thing.

@Don Glewwe: I totally agree.  I guess there is no setting, which can’t be played with pulp alley.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.