Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Ligny in 20mm with Black Powder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After a months planning I put on a refight of Ligny at my local clubs show “Gauntlet”

I concentrated on the action involving the Prussian I and II Corps and scaled down the action so Divisions were represented by brigades so about a third of the units involved, but still 60 per side.

The rules were Black Powder with some local variations, in particular a change to the sequence of play. Then for this game I added a role for senior commanders who had to issue orders to their subordinate commanders, which had to be followed until changed.

Overview of the battlefield with most of the reserves committed to action

Prussians crossing Ligny brook and attacking the French left

Quite a few pictures and commentary over on my blog, but not as many as I would have liked as umpires don’t always get the chance to take pictures

link

Participant

Very nice, interesting layout of the table.

Was the arrival of part of d’Erlon’s Corps a certainty and known to both players?

Participant

Excellent Will, cheers for sharing.

Participant

Very nice, interesting layout of the table. Was the arrival of part of d’Erlon’s Corps a certainty and known to both players?

No, except they knew their history.  It was randomised and at most only a “Division” would arrive and it was prone to retire on any failed order roll.

I’ve added some umpires notes on my blog that may clarify this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.