Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Lockdown Epic painting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

During the early part of the lockdown I started going through my boxes of ‘stuff’ and realised I had almost enough miniatures to do 2 full chapters of Space marines from scratch. Yes 2….

So anyway, here are some pics of the first finished units of the Sons of Castor (based on White dwarf 142 article on painting Blood Angels, for a real nostalgia feel) and Polydeuces Riders, a white scars based biker and the like chapter.

Enjoy.

Participant

Very nice work, always had a soft spot for epic. The best game GW ever produced in my opinion.

Keymaster

Interesting bases. How do you sort HTH?

Very cool. I like these classic rhinos more than the new spiffy ones.

Participant

Wow! Vibrant red on those Blood Angels! How did you achieve that?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

The red is, Contrast Blood Angels red over a white undercoat. That is all.

Participant

Wow! I am using contrast paint red on my 3mm stuff and am surprised by how vibrant it is.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

Interesting bases. How do you sort HTH?

common sense and both sides on the same basing scheme.

Participant

After seeing your figures I just realized something odd – all my historical 6mm stuff (Cold War, WW2) is all based, including the armour.  Yet my Epic isn’t.    Basing your armour and using movement trays is a great idea!  And not only do the Contrast paints look great, but I bet it was quite fast to paint.

The best game GW ever produced in my opinion.

Which version?  I personally thought Epic:40K seemed really good when it appeared, but as we played it more, it seemed too bland for our tastes.  I think the last version, Epic:A is the best, especially when adding the NetEpic:A supplements and lists, as they’ve been playtested, unlike some of the final official GW lists.

Participant

I like them on washers, one issue with epic stuff was being so light a sneeze or feline intervention could change half a battlefield.

Participant

And more, 10 rhinos for 7th Company, and 5 Landspeeders from the support depot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.