Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Logans World: 40K RT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Yes!!

I won a copy of 40k Rogue Trader on eBay and thus begins some OSR sci-fi.

I intend to set the games on Logans World as described in the rulebook, and mostly in the town of Helsreach.

It has that old 80’s sci-fi vibe before 40k went all grimdarkskulzzz.

I have purchased some old GW models and have a small mercenary group of Orcs here and some Necromnunda ganger figures on the way.
    I have also bought some models from Scotia Grendel which will be extra ‘factions’.

The setting is all very dustbowl, so I will need a new playing surface and a million bits of scenery.

Much to do.

Watch this space?

Participant

This looks like what would later spin off into Dark Future.

Keymaster

I really wanted to like Dark Future but I found it lack lustre and a bit dull…  🙁

Participant

Game’s come a long way since Ork and Humans would live in the same town!

With the latest Heresy releases Beakies are not going to be an issue soon…

Participant

Brilliant. Looking forward to seeing this project unfold. Although not quite the same, the Ion Age has some useful OSR-scy-fy miniatures that would fit nicely in the original RT background.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Yup, have those on my to buy list, spent too much of late though so need to be careful.

Participant

I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with Mike.  Like a lot of gamers of a certain age I have a soft spot for Rogue Trader when the setting was still being developed and had a real sense of humour about it.

I always fancied putting together a bus gang from Logan’s World but never quite got around to it…maybe one day!

Death to all fanatics!

Yeah it was a fun age, GW and 2000AD being topical and serious and what not.
    Some definite satire and stuff going on.

I am thinking of doing Helsreach as a sort of western style town, so the action will be mostly on the main street and a few of the buildings will be facades rather than full on affairs.
    It helps with my smaller table.

Will need things like a bar, a chop shop for cars, some simple dwellings, maybe a law office for a whatever passes as law in those parts, some simple dwellings, a local store etc..

I will also need a mine area and maybe some outposts along various trade routes.

Participant

You may also want to take a look at the Crooked Dice Colony 87 range , they have some fantastic character / NPC types, their post apocalytpic range has a few standouts as well.

Death to all fanatics!

Yeah their pet vendor is class!

Participant

Imagine the money and space you could save if you were doing this in 15mm or 6mm…. 😀

I plan on doing some delving in my garage storage, there should be some old 40k stuff buried deep, maybe even an old RT-era Rhino tank.  I know I have some 2nd Ed. Orks (some of which are the horrible plastic crud).  If I can find them you are welcome to them.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Nothing in terms of pictures yet due to a mojo failure.

However I have roped my WFRP mate into this and we have decided that we will not make the campaign about our own forces, but rather we will take it in turns to write scenarios about the setting and add to the history / lore of the place and record events rather than have a force each and record their adventures.
    This way we get to use different models and keep the spice alive and there can be very unbalanced scenarios as we are not playing to win or lose, but to see what events unfold on Logan’s World.

We are planning on meeting up and measuring the table we will play on and planning the buildings for the town.
    I want a bar called Thrud’s, other than that I am not fussed…

Participant

That’s a pretty great idea!  You can have a lot of fun and different adventures doing something like that.  Reminds me that I need to do that delve before the summer temps get too high.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Yeah this is still the best period of 40K. If you want some inspiration check out the Port Imperiale blog

https://port-imperiale.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-local-port-for-local-people.html#more

And lots of Old school figures which are nice to drool over but I wouldn’t want to try and buy them

https://port-imperiale.blogspot.com/search/label/Port%20Imperiale

My 6mm Wargaming site https://6mm.wargaming.info

Participant

Wow!  Port Imperiale is an amazing labour of love!  Inspiring…and perhaps a bit intimidating.   Hard to compare my poor old classic Necromunda and Mordheim cardboard terrain to that level of awesome sauce.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.