Home Forums Air and Sea Air Looking for 1/600…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Anybody know if there are any companies that make the following planes in 1/600?

Douglas F4D Skyray

Grumman F9F-6 Couger

Grumman F-11 Tiger

Dassault Etendard

Vought Cutlass

Since none (other than the Etendard) saw active combat I’m sure there’s very little chance of them being out there, just hoping my google-fu has failed me!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Jim Jackaman
    Participant

The Etendard is available from Tumbling Dice.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Oddział Osmy is my knee-jerk response but they’re not great in the speculative department. The Skyray is a favorite of mine, but I’ve never seen it at scale. Shapeways May be your best bet.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

The Etendard is available from Tumbling Dice.

Thanks JJ, saw the Super version but no pix, worried it has a “big nose”.  Wonder why they don’t have pix on their site anymore?

Oddział Osmy is my knee-jerk response but they’re not great in the speculative department. The Skyray is a favorite of mine, but I’ve never seen it at scale. Shapeways May be your best bet.

No joy either place.  Seen the Skyray in larger scale though.

Jim Jackaman
    Participant

Have a look on Dom’s Decals site. He has pictures of most of the TD range.

http://domsdecals.com/epages/81fc44d0-907b-42a4-9f72-8d3238c7e6b2.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/81fc44d0-907b-42a4-9f72-8d3238c7e6b2/Products/%22ISA%20686%22

It’s a nice model ( I have some for the Falklands) but I don’t know if it’s what you are after?

Chris Robinson
    Participant

Skyray is available from Shapeways, not sure now if this is the shop I got mine from (they’ve sitting primed for a few years):

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7PLUG2RAN/1-600-douglas-skyray-fud

Some of the others may be there too, been a while since I’ve searched Shapeways.

Chris

Thomaston
    Participant

TTMJ is a good designer, his models are some of the best.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Skyray is available from Shapeways

Thanks man, somehow I had missed it when searching.  He has the Demon too, which I can use instead of the Tiger, so perfect!  Do you have any pix of your Skyray?  Looks like there are no panel lines on the wings, so I wonder how it’ll blend with my Tumbling Dice collection.

Thomaston
    Participant

No panel lines on TTMJ’s Skyray but the contours are more accurate. You could get models designed for WSF but that’s not going to be as smooth as TD metal minis.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.