Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Looking for “big” 6mm vehicles

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Logain
    Participant

So I have seen discussions on this topic in the past, but what are some sources for larger 6mm vehicles? I’ve got a lot of 6mm sci-fi from different manufacturers, but most of the vehicles look noticeably too small to fit a squad of infantry in, or even a crew of drivers. For example, I love brigade models vehicle designs, but the Sohei Heavy Tank barely looks big enough to squeeze a single one of their infantry figures into it.  I know this is an artifact of the tanks being true scale and the infantry being “chunky”, but I’d like to find a few big vehicles for a skirmish set I’m working on.  Any recommendations for some properly large and intimidating apcs and tanks to field with brigades sci-fi infantry?

willb
    Participant

Darkest Star Games

and this guy on Shapeways.   The Leopard heavy tank and the heavy ifv  expensive though.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kurz-corp

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by willb.
    Mike
    Keymaster

My old 6mm sci fi were designed as oversize to ‘look right’ for based 6mm skirmish figures.

AB's 6mm sci-fi topic

Now available at CP Models.

Mike
    Keymaster

Sizes

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Mike.
    Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

If you are looking for “out of scale” or vehicles in line with OGREs you could search for the old MAATAC range from Superior models. I have a few and am using the troop carriers as mobile command posts and some of the smaller tanks as “early OGREs”.

Steelonsand
    Participant

I agree this ‘scaling’ issue can be a bit of a quandary – so much of 6mm Sci Fi can be on the small side, sort of 1/300th versus 1/285th – funny really, given that we are talking about non-historical stuff !

The old DRM lines were pretty hefty, but I think are OOP (?), so you might look at Onslaught/Microworld/Vanguard miniatures, which are, shall we say, a bit more ‘epic’ in size – or even the Plasmablast range which I think is still going….

Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Following this thread. I look for many years now for something that could be used for Dune as harvester and carryall and the buggies frome the games) stand-ins. Same for a vehicle like the Baserunner from Deserts of Kharak. And the RRU from Revells Robotech:Defenders. All three are some secret projects I wish to do for a while now.
    So, there´  s not only a need for “normal-realistic” but others too. Maybe I´ ll try them to sculpt them myself one day.
    (on the other hand my wallet is quite happy with this situation)

?

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Thomaston
    Participant

<p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 20px !important;”>…vehicle like the Baserunner from Deserts of Kharak.

<p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 20px !important;”>?

I think 15mm and 20mm vehicles like ones GZG sells could work for this. At least the wheel base could be useful for conversions.

Tired is enough.

Logain
    Participant

Those Paladins look great! Now I just need a few more. Also that is a great comparison photo. I wish there were more photos like that.

Gaz045
    Participant

Some of the apc types from ScotiaGrendel are quite chunky…….

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Mike
    Keymaster

Those Paladins look great! Now I just need a few more. Also that is a great comparison photo. I wish there were more photos like that.

6mm size comparison

Logain
    Participant

Mike – those old comparison photos were great, but now they just appear as blurry photobucket thumbnails.

Mike
    Keymaster

Bugger. I can see them. Guess I am logged into my account still. Give me a few minutes to sort.

Mike
    Keymaster

Try now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.