Home Forums WWII Looking for late WW2 German female auxilaries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alan Hamilton
    Participant

I have been reading about the last battles in Germany 1945 and also
    Hitler’s Volkssturm: The Nazi Militia and the Fall of Germany, 1944-1945 (Modern War Studies) by David K Yelton ( an interesting book with incredible detail)
    Hitler’s Girls: Doves Amongst Eagles by Tim Heath (a fascinating detail on the girls and young women of the Jung Made the BDM, RADw, Wolf detachments etc) – if you are interested in the Fall of the Reich period this is essential reading.

Anyway, in my 20mm, 1/76, 1/72 German forces I have a couple of Heavy Flak female crews and a few females from the Caesar “Defenders of Berlin” set. Now that I have realised that my female forces are understrength I am looking for female light flak crews, figures suitable for the all female combat units (wolf detachments), RADw, nurses and other auxiliaries.

Anyone know any manufacturers of suitable figures or have any to swop/sell?

Thanks

Mike Headden
    Participant

The only one I can think of is in Sgt’s Mess 20mm pack G29 Two Gestapo members, one female German telephonist and one French Gendarme

There are other female figures in their ranges. No idea if they could be converted/ painted to suit.

http://www.sgtsmess.co.uk/figures/servicemen/ga9-two-gestapo-members-one-female-german-telephonist-and-one-french-gendarme.html

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Thanks – I have that set in my ‘Allo ‘Allo tray.  There seems to be a large gap in the market.  All the books I have read recently about the 1945 campaigns mention female Flak crews for 2cm, 3.7cm, 8.8cm etc as well as combattants with pistols, rifles (a few snipers) and panzerfausts, also nurses, drivers, HQ staff, messengers, resupply, and more.  There are few photos but then they were probably too busy to pose for photographers.

What I have found so far are nearly all OOP!  Some SCW figures can be converted.

Caesar and Strelets have a few odd figures in their Berlin Defenders and Partisan sets.

But in metal most of the females are single figures mixed into a pack of 5 – 10 other figures so very expensive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.