Home Forums Medieval Looking for plastic minis

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m really not familiar with medieval and fantasy range. What are my options when it comes to plastic miniatures in 6mm and 10mm?

None, I would think. Plastic miniatures in those scales aren’t a thing, excepting old Epic 40K stuff which obviously aren’t applicable for your purposes.

Participant

I’m with Rhoderic on this.

All of the 6mm and 10mm Fantasy stuff I’m aware of is in metal.

There are more 10mm ranges than 6mm ones, at least as far as I’m aware.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

There is an excellent fantasy range in 6mm available from Microworld Games – very comprehensive too. But yes, it’s in metal.

Participant

The only plastic figures I’ve seen in 10mm was the Games Workshop Battle of Five Armies 

Not cheap when launched and frightening now.

Participant

What are you looking for in particular Thomason?  Why plastics?

Participant

I’m guessing that if plastic figures were available in those sizes the difference in price between them and metals would be negligible, especially 6mm.

So the question is, why plastic?

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

The only plastic figures I’ve seen in 10mm was the Games Workshop Battle of Five Armies Not cheap when launched and frightening now.

Thanks, I did forget about these. But as you say, they’re very dear now.

Participant

Thomaston,

For 6mm fantasy Microworld has great variety and pricing.  For economy they just released the first two fantasy 3mm lines yesterday, and they look fantastic! I know you’ve done 3mm in the past… maybe that could be an option?

For economy they just released the first two fantasy 3mm lines yesterday, and they look fantastic!

Oooooh! Finally there’s 3mm fantasy!

Check out the Pendraken ranges of Fantasy figures.  All 10mm.  Yes.  All  metal but they are priced quite reasonably.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

3mm fantasy, they are superb.  I could almost start up warmaster again, these would give super grand armies.

The only other small scale plastics I can think of are various risk pieces…

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

The only other small scale plastics I can think of are various risk pieces…

If we’re talking “small scale plastics” more generally, there are also the 8mm (ish?) Napoleonics from Perry Miniatures.

Nooooo! I just came out of a bad breakup with 3mm samurai. Thought I’ve finally settled on 6mm and you show me 3mm fantasy minis. Those orcs looks good, Any idea if and when they’ll be expanded?

Thanks for the suggestions, I really didn’t want to scuplt my own minis for mass combat.

Plastic, because I store them in a metal tin for travel, they rattle even with manetic base. Paint chip very easily with the way I store minis. Also I base minis on very thin plastic base and had never been happy with the thick slab under metal minis. Fond memories of grinding down the base on Odzial Osmy infantry but I’ve lost too many minis that way. Plastic is a lot easier.

If that’s a major concern, is 20mm totally out of the question? Lots of stuff available in soft plastic.

20mm is too big for me I’m affraid.

Participant

Yeah, Microworld has several more armies coming in 3mm in the near future, then I think the plan is to hit them again if they are selling well with additional options.
    He usually ends up with a dozen types of troops for each line, including some pretty creative ones.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.