Home Forums General Books and Magazines Lucky finds!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony S
    Participant

So, just got back from a used book store where they actually had a section entitled “Wargaming”!

Besides buying rules, I have a decent collection of Wargaming books, so this was a rather nice discovery!   Found originals of Phil Dunn’s Sea Battles, Featherstone’s Solo Wargaming and Peninsular War, the Lyall’s Warboard and Morschauser’s Wargames in Miniature.  All for a grand total of $25!

I do have the reprints of a couple of those through the excellent John Curry’s History of Wargaming project, but the original photos are much more legible.

Rather nice finds, if I do say so myself.

Mr. Average
    Participant

It’s always so nice to turn up articles like that.  I remember my favorite hobby store when I was a kid was always full of rare and interesting things I have been trying to find ever since, with mixed results.  Niche items like this are just a joy to see and to turn up in book stores, and something about finding them is better than just ordering a copy online.

Steve Johnson
    Participant

The originals are much, much better than the new editions but John Curry, but then they can be a lot cheaper. You certainly did well in getting all of those for $25!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.