Home Forums General Films and TV Mad Max: Fury Road

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

I saw it and my senses were assaulted.
    It is a very in your face film, even in 2D.

It has some nice background touches, I think the world Mad Max is set in has some great potential for some excellent PA games.

However the film did not really explore this at all, just made mention of them.
    It was for all intents and purposes a car chase.
    A mad ass car chase of mad proportions, but just a car chase.

What did I like?
    The actual vehicles were very well made and the lack of CGI used to show them was nice.
    I liked the effects around Furiosa’s arm, very neatly done.
    The world in which it was set has good PA potential.

What didn’t I like?
    It was loud and never stopped.
    It did not explore the characters, this made me less invested in them and less inclined to care if they lived or not.
    It did not explore the setting.
    Some things were just plain silly, like the guitar man.

Was it bad?
    No, just not what I was hoping for.
    It felt like a variation of Death Race (2008).
    I was hoping for a film about people not about cars, it was for my mind style over substance.

Wait for DVD?
    No, it is a visual experience and DVD will not carry that, see it at the cinema if you want to see it.

Summary:
    Many films make me want to go and game them, this did not.

Quaker

I’m sorry Mike, if you didn’t like the Doof Warrior I’m not sure we can be friends any more

One of the best things of the original Mad Max movie, to my mind, is that it wasn’t really post-apocalyptic. The apocalypse was on-going or had just finished and parts of Australia still had something that looked like civilization.

That was pretty radical. I don’t think I know of another film that’s done that: set it’s story in the on-going apocalypse. Well, zombie flicks, I guess.

I always wanted to know more about Mad Max’s world. I wish they’d give us a bit more exposition.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Michael Orlando
    Spectator

For a big ticket film it had a more explicitly political bent  (albeit almost sub rosa) than most American films dare. I loved the breeding den and the blood poor warboys with their vaguely Homeric/Norse world view, and the far from invincible Max being marked like cattle and farmed for his O negative. The polluted crow-ridden marsh with its Bosch-like stilt walking survivors was great, I’m hoping the world will be expanded in the inevitable sequels.

DM
    Participant

I went to see it on the day of release and absolutely loved it 🙂 So many good ideas for new models which I am currently working on.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Waiting till it comes out on DVD so I can watch it with closed captioning …I’m old and deef…plus I can pause it and go pee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.