Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Made a sci-fi terrain "boil"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47197
    nheastvan
    Participant

    It’s made from a pop bottle top deformed over a candle flame.

    I also made a smaller version with hot glue and black ink, but it needs gloss varnish:

    More pictures at my blog.

    #47214
    Paul
    Participant

    I really like the second one. Why not leave it as is, looks great without gloss.

    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

    #47224
    Balin Shortstuff
    Participant

    Nice, I can see the first one as a “bug colony” exit or vent.

     

    #47242
    nheastvan
    Participant

    I think I will leave it as is rather than go back with another gloss coat. It’s okay if they’re a bit different and it’s always nice to have an item be done rather than needing more work. ๐Ÿ˜€

    I definitely see them as bug colony related. I need to experiment more but I can see myself making a whole field of these things. This one was made with a 2 litre bottle, but there are lots of other size bottles and I can just cut a subsection of the top of a bottle and make different sizes.

    The interesting thing will be trying to figure out how to make other types of exits than just the top. I imagine if I took the bottle side and cut a hole before deforming it with heat I could make something work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.