Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Marine Naval Infantry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

Marine Naval Infantry of the Tiberian Navy.

Spencer Smith 25mm plastics (veneer pin for the mounted officers sword) flags are removable , with a Hinchcliffe cannon for the battalion gun.

x

x

More photos on this forum http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10193

MGB
    Participant

Thanks, William, for posting on this page, always enjoy viewing your 18th century figures. I still think Hinchliffe artillery pieces are some of the best ever cast. Awaiting an order for 250 figures from Ian Hind, a great bloke to deal with! Michael

Colin Ashton
    Participant

They look great!

willz
    Participant

Cheers for your kind comments Michael, Colin.

What figures have you bought from Ian, I have dealt with him several times a gentleman to do business with.

MGB
    Participant

Hi William, the figures from Ian at Hinchliffe have just arrived. Many years ago I had a large collection of AWI X-range, or Hezzlewood designed. I then sold them off, the fashion being for bolder castings. Well, you will know that many are looking again at the simple Stadden-Hezzlewood look.  A friend has just started painting up some Perry AWI, so I have decided to re-raise my collection. I will use mainly X-RANGE, I think I can claim my style of painting is superior than previously, and I will add some Crann Tara and Fife & Drum Miniatures which are ‘so’ elegant. Battalions will vary between 20-36 figures. I think Ian’s AWI X-RANGE are great value.

Michael

willz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Michael, Robbie over on this site is a great fan of Steve Hazzelwoods figures http://independentwargamesgroup.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/look-at-vintage-wargaming-figures.html

willz
    Participant

I will use mainly X-RANGE, I think I can claim my style of painting is superior than previously, and I will add some Crann Tara and Fife & Drum Miniatures which are ‘so’ elegant. Battalions will vary between 20-36 figures. I think Ian’s AWI X-RANGE are great value. Michael

My SYW battalions like yours vary between 20 – 32 figures but in some cases can be combined to make a 50 – 60 man battalion if required.

MGB
    Participant

Hi William, I have ‘likes’ for both of Robbie’s blogs, he has kindly done the same with both my 18th century blog, and my Ottoman Turk blog, he regularly posts on the latter as we both have an interest in raising large armies of Turks. Concerning Hezzlewood’s, I sold a large collection of RSM many years ago. Although my painting standard and basing is better, I regret selling them now. Its a warning not to follow fashion, and stick to what YOU like, as I always preferred the casting style of Hezzlewood.  I love the idea of 60 strong battalions, and I might raise a few for smaller West Indian actions, using a low figure-man ratio. Michael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.