Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Maryland Brigade 1781

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    B6GOBOS
    Participant

Continuing my theme of Greene’s Southern campaign here is my collection representing William’s Maryland Brigade.  A little history and also some conjecture on american regimental colors.

http://bravefusiliers.blogspot.ie/2016/08/colonel-otho-williams-maryland-brigade.html

General Slade
    Participant

Another couple of very nice looking units.  So far I have opted for one flag for my American units but I like the idea of using more.  (I’m not too clear about grand division flags and what they were used for so I’m on the look out for a copy of Standards and Colors of the American Revolution in the hope that it will explain it all).  Whose flags do you use?  They look really good.  I’m about to put an order in to GMB but there aren’t any illustrations on the website so I’m not sure what the designs will look like.

B6GOBOS
    Participant

Sorry to be so late in answering you.  I have been on holiday in Ireland for the last ten days so aside from editing my last postage stayed away from email, etc.  Lovely time.

They Flags are from The Flag Dude.  http://www.flagdude.com

He does excellent work, very reasonable prices.  Flags are $5 each but come mounted on a pole and usualy with tassels,etc.  He will make flags  off your research and your designs which is outstanding.  He also did all French and British Crimean flags based on my research.  Downside is he is hard to get a hold of and often does not answer emails or calls .

Grand division colors were smaller flags for sections of the battalion.  I have then made larger and use as a second color.  Looks nicer then one flag.

General Slade
    Participant

Those Flag Dude flags really do look the part. You really do get the feeling of the wind rippling through them.  I use GMB for my Napoleonics and they are little works of art but I haven’t quite mastered the technique of getting that much movement in them.  As you say $5 each is pretty reasonable when you consider the amount of work that must go into each one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.