Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Masters of the air from “the other side” Massive bomber formation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So DCS runs well enough now to have a 96 B-17 bomber formation.

A few years back, my PC became a slideshow when I was many km away from a 72 bomber formation. Now I can attack a 96 bomber formation, with another 44 Germans flying around.

And this is with higher resolution, higher graphics settings, and improved graphics from the game engine sine a few years back.

Participant

I didn’t see many tracers from the bombers, almost thought they don’t shoot back. Nice damage on the last bomber though.

I’m aways curious about TV shows about the other side when it came to Band of brothers and Masters of the Air, but I doube Spielberg adn Hank will ever do the German perspective.

I didn’t see many tracers from the bombers, almost thought they don’t shoot back. Nice damage on the last bomber though. I’m aways curious about TV shows about the other side when it came to Band of brothers and Masters of the Air, but I doube Spielberg adn Hank will ever do the German perspective.

There is some logic behind the bombet, that sometimes prevents them from shooting (like they have problems deciding which enemy to shoot at. And so end up not shooting at all.

But they shot down 22 of 44 fighters. Which is probably unrealistically high for a bomber formation of that size undefended. So they definitely shot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.