Home Forums Renaissance Maximilian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hammurabi70
    Participant

(1) These rules are from the 1990s.  Is anyone still playing them? .

(2) It would seem there is more than one version; does anyone know the final version or have appropriate errata to plumb to the bottom of the rules. [e.g. one version has a +1 for the first round on initiating melee while another does not have that but DOES give a +1 on follow up].

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

I’ve got a copy that the Pike & Shot Society gave away to its members.

It’s an A5 booklet, the published version was A4ish. I don’t think it went to a second edition.

"I'm not signing that"

hammurabi70
    Participant

I’ve got a copy that the Pike & Shot Society gave away to its members. It’s an A5 booklet, the published version was A4ish. I don’t think it went to a second edition.

Yes, the P&SS copy is the version I have.  There are more versions, see version 2.0:

Maximilian! Rules

These two are not identical but is version two the final version?  I gather that errata has been issued.

I have the first; never played it. Didn’t know about the 2nd.

Wasn’t it essentially an attempt to extend DBA into the Renaissance, before DBR came out?

There’s commentary on several sites; those might be worth looking into. And there is — or was — a yahoo group.

hammurabi70
    Participant

I have the first; never played it. Didn’t know about the 2nd. Wasn’t it essentially an attempt to extend DBA into the Renaissance, before DBR came out? There’s commentary on several sites; those might be worth looking into. And there is — or was — a yahoo group.

I take it by First you refer to the P&SS copy.

There seems to have been:

(1) Pike & Shot Society issue

(2) 1995 Version

(3) Version 2.0

I understand there has been a 2007 copy but it is not clear if that is 2.0 or another version prior to 2.0 … or subsequent to it!

Certainly it extended DBA before DBR but I think it aimed to do more than that.  There WAS a Yahoo Group but I think it no longer exists.

Andreas Johansson
    Participant

The second edition is the 2007 one.

I’ve read but not played them. Complexity-wise they’re somewhere between DBA and DBR. The time period covered is AD 1400-1550, so as much an alternative to the former as the latter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.