Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Medieval Naval

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DMDM
    Participant

As some of you may be aware I’m quite deeply into naval wargaming, and within that niche subject I like to dabble in the even more unusual aspects (for instance my Cod War game which has been doing the rounds for a couple of decades and which appeared at the Naval Wargames Show and Salute a couple of years back). I self-published as “Long Face Games” my first set of rules last year covering WW1 gunboat actions on Lake Tanganiyka (all my other rules have been released through publishers) and I’m close to finalising my second set which will cover the medieval period, focused on the Hundred Years War (but really kicking off about 1200). I only expect to shift a handful (its  a labour of love really) but i’m curious to know if anyone browsing here would be interested in them. Idle curiosity more than market research 🙂

Rules Junkie JimRules Junkie Jim
    Participant

It’s idle curiosity that’ll prompt me to buy them. I’ve enjoyed gaming most periods of naval warfare over the years, but not ancients and not medieval. I seem to have a need for guns.

That said, I’ve been periodically taking a look at Outpost Games range of cogs and galleys and thinking they look nice and wondering what the hell I’d do with them. So, yes I’d certainly buy them, and I ‘d maybe even use them. I’ve certainly used the WW1 gunboat rules… right up to a game set in the 1960s (with a few minor tweaks).

Northern MonkeyNorthern Monkey
    Participant

what scale would it be for, if its suitable for 6mm or even 10mm i’d be slightly interested anything bigger is not for me. Also and off topic but where would I find your Cod war rules, as someone from a town directly effected by this, I’d be very interested to see how it could be gamed?

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

DMDM
    Participant

The rules were inspired by the Outpost 1/1200 models so they probably won’t be that attractive for thse into 6mm/10mm gaming (possibl a later set would cover this).

The old version of my Cod War rules is here:

http://www.navalwargamessociety.org/scenarios/Cod_War.pdf

The heavily updated current version might well end up being the third release from LFG later this year

Northern MonkeyNorthern Monkey
    Participant

It probably wouldn’t be my sort of thing sorry to say David, and thanks for the Cod War link that was a very interesting and informative read

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Shandy
    Participant

Oh, I’d be interested in some medieval naval. Would the rules only cover mediterranean galley warfare or also cogs? I have a long time plan of gaming some Wars of the Roses naval actions… Warwick’s piratical shenanigans always held a certain fascination for me.

EDIT: D’oh, you said 100YW and thereby answered my question.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Shandy.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.