Home Forums General General Metal Primer at Lidl

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Thuseld Thuseld 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jeffers
    Participant

I know most of you only shop at Waitrose, but it’s always worth scanning the centre aisles of value Hun supermarket, Lidl. Last year I managed to acquire some Baufix 400ml spray metal primer in dunkelgelb, which looks suspiciously like ex-Wehrmacht stock. Anyway, it is very good and dirt cheap at £4 for two. It’s now back in store and labelled Powerfix (thus hiding it’s dubious origins 😉) but I cannot recommend it enough. I’ve started using it on computer printed models now.

The Callestick Farm Cornish ice cream is worth getting too. They get it in for a short time in the summer and sadly only three flavours from their range, but it’s delicious!

More nonsense on my blog: http://battle77.blogspot.com/

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Ahm, Lidl Ger, UK or US??? Hell, I´m twice a week, at least, in a Lidl market and never tried that. :-O

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

jeffers
    Participant

I thought the £ sign would give it away… 😉 It probably depends where you are in the UK. According to one of the staff, they don’t order in they are just sent stuff so once it goes it goes.

More nonsense on my blog: http://battle77.blogspot.com/

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Waitrose?
    Not sure where my staff get the food from. The local farm, groundskeeper, no idea. As long as it is there when I ring my little bell I don’t much mind.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

I thought the £ sign would give it away… 😉 It probably depends where you are in the UK. According to one of the staff, they don’t order in they are just sent stuff so once it goes it goes.

Completely missed that one…. well, I´m much closer to the source but that doesn´t make it any better.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Thuseld
    Thuseld
    Participant

I got their fake grass mat last year and that was a god send as a wargaming surface.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.